Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
May 29, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #7,786 of 23,456
I don't like this place, after reading the last two pages of thread I decided to buy a pair. Always wanted to try them, plus these will be my first pair of open headphones. Hope they compliment my D2k's for both gaming and music.

May 29, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #7,787 of 23,456
  I don't like this place, after reading the last two pages of thread I decided to buy a pair. Always wanted to try them, plus these will be my first pair of open headphones. Hope they compliment my D2k's for both gaming and music.

the D2000 and hd600 were the two cans I always wanted to own.  I own them both now.  I think you will find that they are very similar, while the 600 balance is better overall.  the D2000 still rocks though when you want that Thump.  

May 29, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #7,788 of 23,456
the D2000 and hd600 were the two cans I always wanted to own.  I own them both now.  I think you will find that they are very similar, while the 600 balance is better overall.  the D2000 still rocks though when you want that Thump.  

Nice. Good to know. Ill be pairing the hd600 with an apex glacier. Is anyone familiar with the combo? Hope it's powerful enough as I don't want to have to buy another amp.

May 30, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #7,789 of 23,456
Hello All!

Yesterday I received my HD600s. Paired with my GeekOut450....Wow! A lot of new details in my music revealed! Makes me want to upgrade the amplification on my speakers instead of going for the subwoofer first! Speaking of speakers.... The sound signature of both is very similar, which is reassuring, since my Sierra-2s are very neutral/flat speakers and that's the sound signature I prefer.

This is my first set of open headphones, and my first high end set of cans too. I thought because of the open design, it was gonna sound more like an arch outside of my head, but not the case. It does seem to extend further away in an internal straight line of the soundstage within my head. I guess the models like the hd800s with the angled drivers address that? Needless to say, in the very short time I've had to listen, I like them. I still get a sound stage and imaging is very good too! Better than any other (admitedly sub level in class) headphone I've heard.

Eventually I will get (or make) a balanced cable to pair with my PulseX, but for now, I am very happy with the purchase...

May 31, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #7,793 of 23,456
Nice. Good to know. Ill be pairing the hd600 with an apex glacier. Is anyone familiar with the combo? Hope it's powerful enough as I don't want to have to buy another amp.

Glacier is powerful enough to run just about any headphone!  600's are fairly easy to drive.

May 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #7,795 of 23,456
Whoopsies, I guess I have some HD600s on the way now!
biggrin.gif
Thank you for the heads up on the promotion!

i wish it was world wide.

its depressing that local price is 600$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back