Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #5,791 of 23,482
The HD600 vs HD650 poll started over 2 weeks ago is going to close in a little over a day so that we can finally crown a champion once and for all! With over a 100 votes so far, it's still rather close.

If you still haven't voted and you've listened to both of these headphones on a similar setup, vote here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698372/the-ultimate-hd600-vs-hd650-poll-final-day-of-voting

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #5,792 of 23,482
Loving the s*** out of my new 600's... satir, you're a gentleman and a scholar for selling these phones as you did. They're freakin' lovely.

And now to make this post modestly useful:

Source: Meizu MX

I've been putting in some hours listening to various FLAC files (and learning the upper limits to what my phone can process... sorry vinyl rips!). First impressions are that it is a bit lighter on base than I would like, but not by much. Texture and separation are there but the punch less so. Mids seem somewhat recessed compared to my Somic's (SOMiC MH463 + Turtle Beach X32 pads) but I haven't done an honest head-to-head comparison to them yet (nor will I with just my phone as a source). Vocals are wonderful; I think right now the phones like male vocals over female vocals, but again, haven't done serious listening to test it. Highs are acceptable but seem veiled. I think that's a limitation of the hardware driving the phones more than on the 600s themselves.

As I received these phones in mint condition I assume they'll still need a burn-in period. I also firmly believe that they'll definitely benefit from having a better DAC/amp than what's in my phone - great as she's been for audio, there's something to be said for dedicated DACs & amps.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #5,793 of 23,482
  Loving the s*** out of my new 600's... satir, you're a gentleman and a scholar for selling these phones as you did. They're freakin' lovely.

And now to make this post modestly useful:

Source: Meizu MX

I've been putting in some hours listening to various FLAC files (and learning the upper limits to what my phone can process... sorry vinyl rips!). First impressions are that it is a bit lighter on base than I would like, but not by much. Texture and separation are there but the punch less so. Mids seem somewhat recessed compared to my Somic's (SOMiC MH463 + Turtle Beach X32 pads) but I haven't done an honest head-to-head comparison to them yet (nor will I with just my phone as a source). Vocals are wonderful; I think right now the phones like male vocals over female vocals, but again, haven't done serious listening to test it. Highs are acceptable but seem veiled. I think that's a limitation of the hardware driving the phones more than on the 600s themselves.

As I received these phones in mint condition I assume they'll still need a burn-in period. I also firmly believe that they'll definitely benefit from having a better DAC/amp than what's in my phone - great as she's been for audio, there's something to be said for dedicated DACs & amps.

Not many if any cellphones, iPods, mp3 players, etc. have an internal amp that can do a good job of driving 300 Ohm cans.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #5,800 of 23,482
If you want other shops I recommend a google shopping search using the google website for that country. i.e. for spain go to google.es and search for the HD600 under shopping. You will then find the cheapest online prices in that country and can ask those dealers if they ship to Israel.

Jan 20, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #5,805 of 23,482
  Don't you think it's better to buy new, it's more expensive sure but warranty guarantees a working headphone for at least the next 2 years.

Depends on the cans and the seller. Most people around here very much take care of their equipment. I have no reservations purchasing items through here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back