Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Feb 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #6,092 of 23,499
  Hi all,

Coming to you Pros for advice, I am just about to pull the trigger on these wonderful HD600 but wondering which Amp to buy, any recommendations?

I also have a pair of AKG Q701 which i will be using on same amp.

Any advice much appreciated

Angerer

What's your budget?

I moved to the Woo Audio WA7 recently and the HD600 scaled dramatically from my Maverick Audio D1. Obviously there are cheaper solutions that would still sound very good.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #6,093 of 23,499
  Hi all,

Coming to you Pros for advice, I am just about to pull the trigger on these wonderful HD600 but wondering which Amp to buy, any recommendations?

I also have a pair of AKG Q701 which i will be using on same amp.

Any advice much appreciated

Angerer

A little more info would help.
  1. Portable or fixed?
  2. Price range?
  3. Amp only or DAC and amp combined.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #6,096 of 23,499
  Yeah please help me out too

for HD600's

in 200$

only amp :
If amp/dac, :

if portable, :
if Fixed,

only amp :xf_eek:2

If amp/dac,I will say though that I had good results with a cheapo UCA202 and o2.CHEAP solution and works.
I honestly can't say my nuforce icon hdp is any better.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #6,097 of 23,499

only amp :xf_eek:2

If amp/dac,I will say though that I had good results with a cheapo UCA202 and o2.CHEAP solution and works.
I honestly can't say my nuforce icon hdp is any better.

Obviously I'm not looking for anything fancy.
I'm a big believer in recording quality, decent conversion, adequate power and good headphones/speakers.

Disclaimer: I'm a musician not audiophile.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #6,099 of 23,499
Wow that figure on the top is huge.  Ultimate Madoka or something.  I don't even know what that is or where it's from but I remember seeing it, and it's quite impressive from a technical aspect.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #6,100 of 23,499
This is the last place I expect ppl to recognise what those are 
blink.gif
 The ones at the bottom are TWO nico robins. TMRaven you're right about madoka, it's a magnificient sculpture!

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #6,104 of 23,499
OK,......back to topic then. If you like neutrality, all you need is ODAC + O2. Or the ODAC + iCan like what i'm using now. The iCan has less power than the O2, but the iCan sounds just like the O2 on normal mode, and you get nice features like 3D sound and bass boost. If you want musicality instead, at the expense of introducing distortion, you have many options for tube amps out there.. can't recommend any since all I ever owned was a tube buffered DAC/amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back