Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #3,061 of 23,425
Quote:
Thanks Kenshinhimura and Byronb I will definitely look more into the Magni then. That is the direction I have been looking into anyway so thanks for the confirmation. Audiojun I would love to get the valhalla or lyr but unfortunately right now they are out of my price range.  Thanks though.  Eke what amp do you use with your hd600's?

I am using a Magni to drive my HD600s and I love it.  For full disclosure, the only other amp I have used is an AudioEngine D1.  My source is my desktop computer running JRiver (WASAPI).  A Bifrost is connect via coax digital out and the combination is working great for me.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #3,065 of 23,425
Quote:
Holy crap, the 600 EQs like crazy.

I just bumped up 50hz and 70hz in foobar by 4db, then I used James Blake's Limit to Your Love to test the "stability" of the EQ...wow! Hello, sub-bass!

Zero distortion, and the bass is so much more visceral.

Looks like youv'e found the 600's secret sub-bass brilliance. :wink: I looooooove James Blake with the 600s with the sub-bass EQ'd up. I never would have thought open cans that are relatively bass light like the 600s could do that but wow they sure can. And you're right, no distortion. Sweeeet.

beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #3,066 of 23,425

Sure!
 (sorry for the mega files)

Pics:
I'm not sure about the specs. Maybe Flysweep could chime in, since he's the kind-hearted person who gave it to me when I got my first full-sized headphone (the DT880).

The amp looks awesome (and the Omega Stand).  I know I need to back off of this hobby when I get excited seeing toroidal transformers and capacitors.... 

I have a bifrost and crack speedball kit coming in a week or two. finally i can give juice to my hd 600. over $1k set up. i hope it doesn't let me down i have been thinking about my wallet the whole time.

Awesome.  Sounds like this (might) be your end-game rig?

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #3,067 of 23,425
Quote:

The amp looks awesome (and the Omega Stand).  I know I need to back off of this hobby when I get excited seeing toroidal transformers and capacitors.... 

Guess how much I paid ^_^

http://www.buychina.com/items/o-profit-special-support-the-city-personally-durable-u-head-design-headsets-frame-ryrqmmrsiqj

It was at my door within 7 days.

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #3,068 of 23,425
Did you order any of those new upgrades Schiit is offering for the bifrost?  I have a Crack already for my 600s and was looking at getting a dedicated DAC as I currently run the Crack from a Nuforce HDP.  I feel if the upgrades are a big difference it will be worth the money over the HDP.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #3,071 of 23,425
Quote:

I avoid the phrase "end-game" like the plague.  Whenever I even think it, I inevitably wind up buying yet the next greatest thing.  (Yes, the HD800 will be here on Wednesday)

You know, we all have to upgrade to Sabre-DAC:s eventually, it's the "next big thing". But not for all just yet, since only the chip currently costs 500$ ...

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #3,072 of 23,425
i bought a used bifrost from a member on forum, no usb and no uber. thinking about ordering the uber upgrade after i get the stock bifrost. only dac i have to compare with is a yamaha receiver and a fiio e10. dac should be here in a week and the amp when ever bottlehead starts shipping again. just happy that both my amp and dac are upgradable or modable. i will post my impression when i get it all set up.

Did you order any of those new upgrades Schiit is offering for the bifrost?  I have a Crack already for my 600s and was looking at getting a dedicated DAC as I currently run the Crack from a Nuforce HDP.  I feel if the upgrades are a big difference it will be worth the money over the HDP.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #3,073 of 23,425
Congrats on the HD800!  Sad for your wallet...

Maybe when I finally proclaim that I have my "end-game rig" I will immediately request to be banned from Head-Fi and move to some remote village so as not to be tempted by upgraditis 
blink.gif

Quote:

I avoid the phrase "end-game" like the plague.  Whenever I even think it, I inevitably wind up buying yet the next greatest thing.  (Yes, the HD800 will be here on Wednesday)

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #3,075 of 23,425
Quote:

Thanks for the link on the stand! It's just what I've been looking for!

I just ordered 2
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Guess how much I paid ^_^

http://www.buychina.com/items/o-profit-special-support-the-city-personally-durable-u-head-design-headsets-frame-ryrqmmrsiqj

It was at my door within 7 days.

[size=13.0pt]eke2k6 & palmfish[/size]

So I guess my trepidations of this website have no merit? So you had no problems ordering, or with the product themselves? Those stands look amazing and are a steal at that price. When I originally saw the Omegas, I was shocked at the price, even the ones on ebay are overpriced IMO.[size=12pt] [/size]Eke2k6 thanks for posting the link! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back