Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Jun 18, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #781 of 1,133
Hmm. Maybe I just have a big head.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #782 of 1,133
Looks like these will stay as my portable cans. I think I will also get the NAD Viso HP50. Gosh, I hate this website. 

EDIT: These take off the nasty treble to a lot of songs and make them better than they really sound. I quite like this. Tegan And Sara's album Heartthrob wasn't too pleasant to listen to, now I really like it. Also treble heavy rock songs sound good. It seems like you're the drum player. 

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #783 of 1,133
I would like to echo the gripe about the straight cable being too long. I'm OK with tying up excess wire but this is just ridiculous. For portable usage I would love a cable that's just three feet long, not 100000 feet.

(I've got to admit that this is nevertheless a very minor gripe.)

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #784 of 1,133
OK, another gripe. The cushioning on the headband is too thin; the hard plastic surrounding it ends up pressing down on your head. Since the cans are light, downward pressure it low so it takes a while to notice this, but it gets annoying. Luckily this is easily remedied by using aftermarket leather headbands (the same ones I use on my Shure SRH1540s, from that one Amazon seller... I think I'm sending his kids to college, I've bought like 10 of them so far... I use them on ALL my cans!).

I've got say that this in particular is an inexplicably dumb oversight on Sennheiser's part, especially considering that the HD25's padding completely protects the top of the wearer's head against any plastic contact. This really needs to be fixed ASAP. I hope you're listening Senn. I also notice that the only review of the HD8 on your own website mentions this.

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #786 of 1,133
OK, another gripe. The cushioning on the headband is too thin; the hard plastic surrounding it ends up pressing down on your head. Since the cans are light, downward pressure it low so it takes a while to notice this, but it gets annoying. Luckily this is easily remedied by using aftermarket leather headbands (the same ones I use on my Shure SRH1540s, from that one Amazon seller... I think I'm sending his kids to college, I've bought like 10 of them so far... I use them on ALL my cans!).

I've got say that this in particular is an inexplicably dumb oversight on Sennheiser's part, especially considering that the HD25's padding completely protects the top of the wearer's head against any plastic contact. This really needs to be fixed ASAP. I hope you're listening Senn. I also notice that the only review of the HD8 on your own website mentions this.
noticed the headband was giving me a little pain too.

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #788 of 1,133
Well they are meant to be a bassy DJ headphone with great features & accessories.

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #790 of 1,133

Well they are meant to be a bassy DJ headphone with great features & accessories.

I think people forget that fact. They are built for "dj's" at the end of the day.

Yep. These are working pretty well to block out my dad when he's blasting his salsa music in the same room. I guess you could describe them as a little drowny, and veiled but I believe that's good when listening at high volumes, and it's not fatiguing. 

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #791 of 1,133
This headband is nearly as bad as the Q701

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #792 of 1,133
Jun 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #794 of 1,133
Jun 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #795 of 1,133
  Pics of the HD8 with the Amazon headband I mentioned (costs $20):

Feels perfect now, no plastic edge digging into my skull.

Dang does the HD8 look tiny.
Then again, comparing proportions to this photo, perhaps your hands are only a pinch bigger than mine and, together with the perspective, may be why it looks tinier than a 7506, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back