Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Aug 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #856 of 1,133
If sennheiser doesn't come out with a short cable in the next month I'm buying that third party one from eBay.

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #857 of 1,133
If sennheiser doesn't come out with a short cable in the next month I'm buying that third party one from eBay.

May as well buy it now. Whatever they come out with will likely be more expensive, and the eBay cable is actually better quality than the OEM (cloth sleeve). Only wrinkle is it doesn't fit the Senn 1/4" adapter, but a Shure 1/4" adapter fits perfectly (can buy these on Amazon).

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #858 of 1,133

May as well buy it now. Whatever they come out with will likely be more expensive, and the eBay cable is actually better quality than the OEM (cloth sleeve). Only wrinkle is it doesn't fit the Senn 1/4" adapter, but a Shure 1/4" adapter fits perfectly (can buy these on Amazon).

I have a damn collection of these adapters from all the headphones I bought in my lifetime. 
o2smile.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #859 of 1,133
Can anyone comment on how the hd8 dj sounds out of a mobile source like my iPhone 5s? I'm not a fan of lugging around extra amps/ dacs to listen to mobile headphones (that's what I will use these for) I know they are 95ohm Impedeince and that worries me.

Aug 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #860 of 1,133
Can anyone comment on how the hd8 dj sounds out of a mobile source like my iPhone 5s? I'm not a fan of lugging around extra amps/ dacs to listen to mobile headphones (that's what I will use these for) I know they are 95ohm Impedeince and that worries me.

It will still be good without an amp, but you won't be able to fully enjoy how good the soundstaging is and how thumpy the bass without one. You don't need that much gain either, so any portable player or smart phone will do. =]

Aug 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #861 of 1,133
It will still be good without an amp, but you won't be able to fully enjoy how good the soundstaging is and how thumpy the bass without one. You don't need that much gain either, so any portable player or smart phone will do. =]

thanks for the reply. Maybe I will just cave and get a x5/E12 combo if I'm not happy compared to my desktop amp/dac

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #862 of 1,133

thanks for the reply. Maybe I will just cave and get a x5/E12 combo if I'm not happy compared to my desktop amp/dac

I was just a/bing my Xonar DG soundcard with my phone with the HD7DJ and they sounded nearly the same. Probably just placebo.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #864 of 1,133

I was just a/bing my Xonar DG soundcard with my phone with the HD7DJ and they sounded nearly the same. Probably just placebo.

awesome thanks. Does it get nearly as loud? I will A/B it with my EF-5 and modi when it comes to my iphone 5s

Of course the phone doesn't go as loud but it is plenty loud for me. I never have to reach the highest volume.

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #866 of 1,133

I bought the ebay short cable and I like it. I did notice the headphones seemed to sound brighter (not sure if anyone else noticed that).   I like it for portable use but I use the regular cable for DJ use. 

Maybe I will just cave and get a x5/E12 combo if I'm not happy compared to my desktop amp/dac

I have the HD7 DJ and iPhone 5, iPad Air and iPad mini.  Although I can hear the music fine the sound quality was significantly better with my Djay app when I used the the E12 or the C&C BH2.  It wasn't just loudness but clarity and beat matching/monitoring was better for me with the amp.   I now use it all the time with either amp.  

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #867 of 1,133

I bought the ebay short cable and I like it. I did notice the headphones seemed to sound brighter (not sure if anyone else noticed that).   I like it for portable use but I use the regular cable for DJ use. 

Maybe I will just cave and get a x5/E12 combo if I'm not happy compared to my desktop amp/dac

I have the HD7 DJ and iPhone 5, iPad Air and iPad mini.  Although I can hear the music fine the sound quality was significantly better with my Djay app when I used the the E12 or the C&C BH2.  It wasn't just loudness but clarity and beat matching/monitoring was better for me with the amp.   I now use it all the time with either amp.  

Yea I went ahead and bought the one from eBay. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #868 of 1,133

Where do I find one of those cables? What do I search for on eBay

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #869 of 1,133

Where do I find one of those cables? What do I search for on eBay

Sennheiser HD 8 DJ Cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back