Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Apr 11, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #679 of 1,133
Actually the 6s sound different from the 8s. The 8s sound a lil dark with muffled high end. To me rite out the box the 6s were more pleasing to my ears. And also the width of the depth sound wider than the 8s. Not too sure tho. If haven't taken my HD8s back, I will A&B them.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #680 of 1,133
Of course they sound different. It has already been proved here with my measurements (which look exactly like Tylls) which look exactly how they sound (I had all three). Less bass clears things up, but they still have a even more muffled highs no matter how many years you burn them. I don't know why anyone would use them for serious "mixing" - unless you want a signature exactly like that and not a "neutral" one.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #684 of 1,133
Interesting, so which one sounds best?

I would say neither sound better than the other. It all's comes to preference. Like I said before. U have to think of the headphones like Mic Pre amps or so.... If u prefer the transparent solid state sound. Go with the HD6 MIX. If u prefer the warmth tube sound. Go with the HD7 and HD8 DJ s.

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #685 of 1,133
I would have kept HD8 since it was so awesome for electronic, but had other expensive surprise purchases so I sent them back in the last days of 30 day return window.. (also partly of the minor creaking - I don't know if there are good and bad batches..)

Apr 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #689 of 1,133
Heres a video of another excellent review on the HD6 MIX. He was talking about the ATH-M50x when talking about comparing the 2 headphones. He saids it in his comments.
HD6 Mix Headphones by Sennheiser Reviewed:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Jcu4rPqEPYg[/VIDEO]

Apr 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #690 of 1,133
Heres a video of another excellent review on the HD6 MIX. He was talking about the ATH-M50x when talking about comparing the 2 headphones. He saids it in his comments.
HD6 Mix Headphones by Sennheiser Reviewed:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Jcu4rPqEPYg[/VIDEO]

Jury is still out on whether Beats are the best headphones? Immediately discredited

Users who are viewing this thread

Back