Sennheiser HD 598 Video Complaint / Problem - 3.5mm adapter can damage your gear
Aug 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #17 of 27
It is clear nobody wants to watch the video or read past a few sentences so I am going to just give up and say yes, it is the sansa.  orry, my mistake.  ( not really )

Aug 3, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #19 of 27

Quote:
It is clear nobody wants to watch the video or read past a few sentences so I am going to just give up and say yes, it is the sansa.  Sorry, my mistake.

Don't be discouraged swbf2cheater, you're video will be very helpful for all perspective HD500 series buyers and current owners.  It seems the new HD500 series, as great sounding as it is, is not without a few issues that hopefully will be resolved.

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #21 of 27
Are you looking for an adapter that fits into the headphones input jack on the left side can?  If so, nothing exists that will fit it.  No adapters currently exist with a slimline design that would fit...at least that I and other cable and adapter experts I know are aware of. 

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #22 of 27
Have you tried creating some distance between the player and the adapter?  I don't know if something like this will work, it may cause more problems than you already have.

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:
Are you looking for an adapter that fits into the headphones input jack on the left side can?  If so, nothing exists that will fit it.  No adapters currently exist with a slimline design that would fit...at least that I and other cable and adapter experts I know are aware of. 

I shouldn't be quoting myself but... here we go...

Quote:

If you open up the left can and set the driver aside youll see a print where the drivers are connected to. If you unscrew the print and the black "thingie" wich sits next to the print you can take the screw part out an you will be left with only the print and the 4pole socket ! This is completely reversable and means the only thing left to worry about is finding a good 4pole 2,5mm connector for your new cable !

PS. If you do this and make a new cable, caution with the headphones is needed becouse the "screwpart" seems to support the print with the socket !!!

Is my postcount to low to be taken serious or what seems to be the problem ?

Pull the "screwingpart" out and look for a 3/32 (2,5mm) TTRS plug... If it doesnt fit, dont be lazy, since your making your own cable, why not make a nice cover for the plug wich doesnt exceed the 6mm (yes the original plug is 6mm wide, even measured it for you) to fit inside your cans. And since the can is opened up, look how the drivers are wired to the female jack and wire your new 2,5mm up the same !

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #24 of 27

Quote:

I'm totally confused. Wouldn't the replacement adapters some have linked to solve the problem? The main problem is from the jack of the player (not the HD598) with the included adapter right?

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #25 of 27

Quote:
Hello-

The HD 598 was designed for home hi-fi use, hence the original 1/4" termination. 

See above sentence for solution
rolleyes.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
I'm totally confused. Wouldn't the replacement adapters some have linked to solve the problem? The main problem is from the jack of the player (not the HD598) with the included adapter right?

Totally my fault here.  It is hard to read long sentences on my phone and I thought I was replying to another thread I have in regards to the stock HD 598 cable.  I apologize, my reply to HeadZound made no sense here and I could have sworn I was reading another topic completely.  Both of my topics were bumped at the same time :)

Quote:
I shouldn't be quoting myself but... here we go...

Is my postcount to low to be taken serious or what seems to be the problem ?

Pull the "screwingpart" out and look for a 3/32 (2,5mm) TTRS plug... If it doesnt fit, dont be lazy, since your making your own cable, why not make a nice cover for the plug wich doesnt exceed the 6mm (yes the original plug is 6mm wide, even measured it for you) to fit inside your cans. And since the can is opened up, look how the drivers are wired to the female jack and wire your new 2,5mm up the same !

As mentioned above, I have an entire topic just for the stock HD 598.   The end that plugs into the left side of the hd 598 is proprietary and the entire aim of my frustrations were that I wanted to avoid DIY, I do not have the time or experience to do so.  I had special cables made to fit it, none of them worked.  Why?  Because it is wiring in an odd way inside and Sennheiser never anyone that.   AKG mades a similar cable in their K450 portable model.  Every single cable and adapter I had or custom built myself did not work and ended up transmitting sound only to one side.  More information on the internal wiring was only acquired after I had given up and the Sennheiser agents ( many of them ) told me any old 2.5mm cable will work...this is not true.

Quote:
Have you tried creating some distance between the player and the adapter?  I don't know if something like this will work, it may cause more problems than you already have.

I would love a cable like that, I like that style and the head of the plug looks very slim.  This is very desirable to me but it is a shame its a monster cable hehe.  All of my 1/8 to 1/4 adapters work just fine, all of my other headphones work just fine.  Its only the included HD 598 adapter that is causing problems.   This doesn't make the loss of my last Fuze and SD card OKAY in any way.  Even with video proof I was given the cold shoulder so you better darn well believe I am pretty upset heh.  Not much I can do so I am not stressing much over it, just trying to get some info out there to other people who have it.   Just be careful thats all I was trying to get across to people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back