Sennheiser HD 598, starting to crack.
Mar 7, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #31 of 77
 SMOOTH THE EPOXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's a great wat to reinforce a crack in just about anything and it should dry and harden to the area preventing any more crackin, if you want smread a thin layer over the entire theing then paint it.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #32 of 77
Hello i registered here now because of this thread.
I have sennheiser hd-555 i also have many other senn models.
As someone in thread said the build quality is rubbish i have emailed sennheiser regarding this matter no response what so ever.
I was also thinking about buying the new sennheiser 598 until i find this thread.
As i suspected the quality has not improved att all.
To bad because the sound quality is amazing but not the chassi itself.
My crack maybe big but keep in mind i have only use the headphones for 5 months.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #33 of 77

Quote:
Hello i registered here now because of this thread.
I have sennheiser hd-555 i also have many other senn models.
As someone in thread said the build quality is rubbish i have emailed sennheiser regarding this matter no response what so ever.
I was also thinking about buying the new sennheiser 598 until i find this thread.
As i suspected the quality has not improved att all.
To bad because the sound quality is amazing but not the chassi itself.
My crack maybe big but keep in mind i have only use the headphones for 5 months.

..and I thought my HD555 cracks were bad, back when I still used them.  That's just epic. 

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #35 of 77
Those cracks are far from normal, that headphone must have been badly misused. Also, it's very annoying how ignorant some posters are. The cracking issue of the 598 has been fixed as it's been told quite some times before in this exact thread. See the official post by Senn. in the HD598 appreciation thread, I'm not gonna link it again. This topic should really be locked.

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #36 of 77

Quote:
Those cracks are far from normal, that headphone must have been badly misused. Also, it's very annoying how ignorant some posters are. The cracking issue of the 598 has been fixed as it's been told quite some times before in this exact thread. See the official post by Senn. in the HD598 appreciation thread, I'm not gonna link it again. This topic should really be locked.

No it has not been abused.
It started out as a small crack like the picture in this thread.
After it only escalated day by day worse!

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #37 of 77
My HD595's suffered a ton of abuse, falling off my head as I was bmxing, being dragged along the road, dog chewed the cable which I patched but its finally died, has a crack on either side of them, but they only formed after I started falling asleep with them on for 6 months. I've just purchased the HD598 which is *touch wood* not cracking yet, also not planning to sleep with them on my head either.

Anyone had issues with the leather cracking on the headband though? My 595's started doing that after 4 months, I've used them for 2 years now and they feel pretty horrible.

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #38 of 77
WHY WERE YOU BMXING WITH THEM ON!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 10, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #39 of 77
I love music too much to switch to anything else outside, I think its amazing they've survived so much! The crack was a worry but after the amount they've been through my only complaint on build quality is the headband itself. 

Also I bmx to work every day, so I wasn't doing vert stuff at the skatepark or anything, worst thing on the way to work is a 12 step flight of stairs and thats easy enough to clear without them falling off. 

I used to just wear 202's or 415's but I found them to be pretty terrible.

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #43 of 77

Quote:

Well I got mine in X-mas and saw a crack in Mid Jan, Only used them at home and a little of them commuting to work.I took care of it and for some odd reason it cracked out of nowhere. MY GUESS would be from the cold weather I had in NYC when I wore them to work.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #44 of 77
Yikes, lucky we don't get weather that cold in Auckland, I used to wear my 595's in light rain and stuff (bmxing home and suddenly theres a shower, love New Zealand weather), and they've survived fine, I can't wait to get them recabled, now I'm looking to pair up my 598's with a portable amp, still researching what would be best with them,

I went through 2 pairs of 202's, both of them had flimsy cables and eventually died, sound quality is pretty good for the price. They're the headphone that got me thinking about buying the 595, after listening to a pair of beyer DT990's through an Asus Xonar soundcard I couldn't stand anything under the 595's now. Eventually I'll get my own DT990's once I get a decent amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back