Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #5,926 of 7,535
The Schiit Fullla is another option to consider alongside the Fiio e10k.

The Asgard 2 would be complete overkill unless he plans on upgrading in the near future to something that would take advantage of all that power, IMO.

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #5,927 of 7,535
The Schiit Fullla is another option to consider alongside the Fiio e10k.

The Asgard 2 would be complete overkill unless he plans on upgrading in the near future to something that would take advantage of all that power, IMO.

You know he'll be upgrading soon lol, at least he'd be good on the amp front for a while. I originally bought the Asgard 2 for my hd580's, which was a very nice pairing. When I plugged the 598se's into it I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it sounded.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #5,933 of 7,535
Neithergood nor bad,Thats a steal if you ask me......

Good to know that.... :)

Ill get them tonight. French amazon only provides 1 year of warranty but sennheiser (the brand) gives 2 right? At least i think thats what says on the box....

Usually i prefer more agressive and energetic heaphones like the50x, momentum overbear or hd25 and i also think that the 518 and 558 would suit me better but for this price i think they deserve a shot and its definitly something different....

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #5,934 of 7,535
Good to know that.... :)

Ill get them tonight. French amazon only provides 1 year of warranty but sennheiser (the brand) gives 2 right? At least i think thats what says on the box....

Usually i prefer more agressive and energetic heaphones like the50x, momentum overbear or hd25 and i also think that the 518 and 558 would suit me better but for this price i think they deserve a shot and its definitly something different....

True, senn provide ww 2year warranty....but as long as the build quality of the cups and headband (any brand for that matter) are more than good and has a removable cable there is no need to worry......its a very rare case the HP drivers going bad or dead even after the warranty expires.

The only gripe is the default 6.3mm cable termination,like you need to use the 3.5mm adapter for compatible devices which stickout out a lot (combined) but you can replace that 6.3mm jack with a 3.5mm or the cable itself,if you want,just incase you will use the originsl stock cable with pro equipments or amps or AV receivers too......

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #5,935 of 7,535
True, senn provide ww 2year warranty....but as long as the build quality of the cups and headband (any brand for that matter) are more than good and has a removable cable there is no need to worry......its a very rare case the HP drivers going bad or dead even after the warranty expires.

The only gripe is the default 6.3mm cable termination,like you need to use the 3.5mm adapter for compatible devices which stickout out a lot (combined) but you can replace that 6.3mm jack with a 3.5mm or the cable itself,if you want,just incase you will use the originsl stock cable with pro equipments or amps or AV receivers too......

Good to know that.... :) i want all my headphones to last of course... :)

Ues i definitly need to find a cheap 1.2 meter cable since for now i will mostly be using them with portable sources.

Any suggestions for a cheap decent cable? The hd598 se short cable is very expensive?

Cheers

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #5,936 of 7,535
Good to know that....
smily_headphones1.gif
i want all my headphones to last of course...
smily_headphones1.gif

Ues i definitly need to find a cheap 1.2 meter cable since for now i will mostly be using them with portable sources.

Any suggestions for a cheap decent cable? The hd598 se short cable is very expensive?

Cheers

I bought original Sennheiser 1,2m cable for 558 for about 12EUR. Quality is very good, I can't hear the difference between short and long cable.

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #5,937 of 7,535
I bought original Sennheiser 1,2m cable for 558 for about 12EUR. Quality is very good, I can't hear the difference between short and long cable.

With shipping already included?

I think i will do the same.... From my research the cheapest chinese cable i can find on ebay costs 10 euros with free shipping.... A original cable is always a original cable and since they cost the same....

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #5,938 of 7,535
I bought it directly in audio store when i was buying headphones, so I did'n need to pay shipping. I don't know aftermarket cables for 5x8, but original one is good quality, thick and has the same nice, soft feeling as long cable that comes bundled with headphones. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #5,939 of 7,535
Good to know that.... :) i want all my headphones to last of course... :)

Cheers

Your best place wld be aliexpress.com to go cheapest.amazon.co.uk too sells aftermarket cables bit cheaper.

The FiiO's RC-HD1 is expensive,like $35-$45 if you consider the foresaid market places.
You can also check ebay and lunashops.

If you still want to go the real cheapest way,you might want to replace the just the 6.3mm jack with a 3.5mm,on your own,if you know basic soldering skills or thru your known source,like your friend or thru your local electric/electronic service shop (if the labor/service charge is reasonable)....

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #5,940 of 7,535
With shipping already included?

I think i will do the same.... From my research the cheapest chinese cable i can find on ebay costs 10 euros with free shipping.... A original cable is always a original cable and since they cost the same....

Ok , If you can get a senn cable locally like what @citizenp quoted you just buy it blind-folded for €12, I wld say......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back