Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #4,276 of 7,535

Thanks for this.  I will hold off on picking up an external dac/amp for now. 

Amazon REALLY need to stop discounting headphones - just picked up a pair of on sale AKG K551's without knowing anything about them.

Ok, I lied.  I just splurged on an E10K - will take a few weeks to arrive but I'll post my thoughts on how it pairs with the 598.

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #4,279 of 7,535
Read about the HD 598 s and heard good things so i bought some. 

Overall im pretty pleased. As its been said you dont really NEED an amp but it does help. These are very comfortable cans.
Very pleasing to the eye and sound is decent for the price. 

Some short falls are the bass as has been said a million and one times. They are great for technical songs and are perfect for 
classical music and jazz which is what i mostly use them for. Not everyones cup of tea. If you have doubts these are probably not for you. 

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #4,284 of 7,535
yes, but make sure that Amazon is the sender and not a third party seller using Amazon

You want to do this in general, with anything you order from Amazon.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #4,286 of 7,535
I know I am getting it from one of the European amazons, all have it in stock

So if something happens to headphones do I just send it to amazon or directly to sennhaiser since they are the one giving warranty

In general, Amazon will warranty the item for a period of 12 months without asking too many questions.  Your best bet is to always try with them first, as they are very good with dealing with warranty related issues.

It's also been mentoned many times ITT that Sennheiser are equally good with dealing with warranty issues.

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #4,287 of 7,535
Hi guys,
I think I'll order Sennheiser HD 598 and I have a question for you.
I have the following stereo system: Laptop>HRT Music Streamer II>Marantz PM6004>Dali Zensor 3
So if I plug my Sennheiser into Marantz PM6004 will it be good enough sound, or should I order headphone amp. I mean, if I have laptop and DAC already will it be good enough just to plug in into amplifier?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #4,288 of 7,535
  Hi guys,
I have the following stereo system: Laptop>HRT Music Streamer II>Marantz PM6004>Dali Zensor 3
So if I plug my Sennheiser into Marantz PM6004 will it be good enough sound, or should I order headphone amp. I mean, if I have laptop and DAC already it will be good enough just to plug in into amplifier?

Thanks in advance!

The HD-598s are easy to drive and will sound just fine plugged directly into your laptop (not knowing what laptop you have), as well as your Marantz. Either way, should sound great.

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #4,289 of 7,535
  Hi guys,
So if I plug my Sennheiser into Marantz PM6004 will it be good enough sound, or should I order headphone amp. I mean, if I have laptop and DAC already will it be good enough just to plug in into amplifier?

Thanks in advance!

I'd say you are pretty much set. no need to invest in more amplifiers, you already have a pretty good one :)

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #4,290 of 7,535
I have Asus N56VZ. I'm asking because I think that it will sound better if I plug it into amp. because the sound is coming from DAC and not direct from laptop right? Also it wil play much louder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back