Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2,253 of 7,535
The momentum is targeted at the beats market anyway. Except with better sound. Not sure about the sound being affected by circumaural and supraaural.

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #2,254 of 7,535
Quote:
The Momentums are a muddy mess IMO. The closest thing to Beats in Sennheisers lineup. Less comfortable on ear design too.

I feel like that was the whole point. On Sennheiser's quest to make a pair of headphones in every possible style and sound signature, they had to make something like the beats. I don't know how much I agree with needing a pair in that style...

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #2,255 of 7,535
Quote:

I feel like that was the whole point. On Sennheiser's quest to make a pair of headphones in every possible style and sound signature, they had to make something like the beats. I don't know how much I agree with needing a pair in that style...

I love my 598s, but you can't seriously expect 'executives' to travel around with phones that look like they fell out of the back seat pocket of a beige Lexus SUV equipped with on-board video for the kids?

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #2,256 of 7,535
Nothing wrong about momentum placement, about timw sennheiser put out a high end stylish portable

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #2,258 of 7,535
They have to be bass heavy for outdoor noise, and to please the mass crowd, at least it is just warm and not like the solo over the roof bass :wink:

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #2,260 of 7,535
How can we remove the veil or muddy sound signature of most of Sennheiser headphones. I intend to buy a MoonAudio Black Dragon V2 cable. It is advertised that can remove the veil of Sennheiser headphones. Do not know if it is true or not? Need to be confirmed by experienced head-fier.
k701smile.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #2,261 of 7,535
Quote:
How can we remove the veil or muddy sound signature of most of Sennheiser headphones. I intend to buy a MoonAudio Black Dragon V2 cable. It is advertised that can remove the veil of Sennheiser headphones. Do not know if it is true or not? Need to be confirmed by experienced head-fier.
k701smile.gif

lol.

sure. If you believe in that kind of thing (which you seem to do), it'll probably work for you. It will lift the veil, improve the bass exactly where you need it, and set the highs straight. Because that's what aftermarket cables do, am i right?
Confirmed by an experienced head-fier.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #2,263 of 7,535
Quote:
lol.

sure. If you believe in that kind of thing (which you seem to do), it'll probably work for you. It will lift the veil, improve the bass exactly where you need it, and set the highs straight. Because that's what aftermarket cables do, am i right?
Confirmed by an experienced head-fier.

this might
biggrin.gif
(though not hd598, but you get the idea)

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #2,264 of 7,535
Quote:
Maybe their so muddy because your ears are so far away from the drivers. They should be circumaural.

*should be* but they are FAR from circumaural unless you have ears the size of a 10 year old. I love the look personally.. but the fit is supraaural. Not comfortable at all for me. And I have a normal sized 7-7 1/4 noggin.. would've kept them if they fit better
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #2,265 of 7,535
But they fit me just fine
blink.gif

I must have pretty small ears then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back