Sennheiser HD 595's Dying or Dead? New headphones I'm thinking
Jun 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #16 of 27
The 900s are more forward than the Senns and have a larger soundstage. They have good positioning for gaming as well. Also they are extremely comfortable. I'm falling asleep as I type this so all that I would've normally written about them isn't coming to me right now zzz

Jul 1, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #17 of 27
Ok, I replaced the earphone cable to my Sennheiser HD 595's and that hasn't rectified the problem so I'm just going to replace them,

I'm thinking of getting these Shure SRH840's I don't want to spend more then $200ish.. the Audio Technica A900's just aren't in my budget right now..

So This

http://www.accessoryjack.com/-strse-1629/Shure-SRH840-SRH840-Professional/Detail.bok

and

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-uDAC-High-Preformance-Black/dp/B002VN9CRG/ref=pd_sim_e_4

To drive the headphones,

Reckon that they will give similar sound if not better then my current HD 595's and not be as exposed to noise being closed cans...

What do you guys think?

Jul 1, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #18 of 27
If I were you I wouldn't sidegrade. I would save up money and upgrade 
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 1, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #20 of 27
I personally would get some nicer cans, AD900 or HD600 or whatever and just use it from the onboard for now, until the time you could afford a budget but reasonable amp/DAC (probably an Audio GD). 

Jul 1, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #21 of 27
You should have sold it and blame it on the carrier.
biggrin.gif
 On a serious note, why dont you get a different brand like denons or grado? They are livelier and more musical than the senns IMO.

Jul 1, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #22 of 27

Quote:
I personally would get some nicer cans, AD900 or HD600 or whatever and just use it from the onboard for now, until the time you could afford a budget but reasonable amp/DAC (probably an Audio GD). 

I would consider the HD600 but they are way over budget here.. $600+AUD so they are no where in contention for my next set of cans.. and without the amp it would be stupid...

Quote:
You should have sold it and blame it on the carrier.
biggrin.gif
 On a serious note, why dont you get a different brand like denons or grado? They are livelier and more musical than the senns IMO.

Never used denons or grado, never been suggested them either... I use the headphones mainly for gaming like CS:S or MW2 so I can hear the footsteps and lots of music, techno,rock everything really..

Everyone is telling me different things so It's hard to believe what is true and what isn't..

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:
I would consider the HD600 but they are way over budget here.. $600+AUD so they are no where in contention for my next set of cans.. and without the amp it would be stupid...

Everyone is telling me different things so It's hard to believe what is true and what isn't..

I didn't know that, that's terrible. In the USA and HK you can find them for ~$300, and actually, they wouldn't be stupid without the amp, they'll be bearable. 

Yes, this is head-fi ... mostly opinion, not fact. You have to decide, and plus, we all make mistakes every now and then. 

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #24 of 27
You could always search the FS forums, plus I'm selling my Audio-GD Compass
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #25 of 27
well i would import the HD600's but the exchange rate is crap atm .. its trading at .80... so its still gonna cost me like over $400.. what would you do if you were in my shoes mr joboto

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #26 of 27
http://www.accessoryjack.com/-strse-1666/Sennheiser-HD600-HD-600/Detail.bok thats the cheapest I've found > Might get them, they better then the audio technica a900s ?

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #27 of 27
Buy my Compass 
tongue.gif
 totally not plugging right now. Haha. Well, to be honest I'd probably be scouring the FS forums for a HD600 deal somewhere, but that's just me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back