Sennheiser HD 555 Problems
Dec 13, 2010 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

alm0nde

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, im currently having a bit of trouble with my Sennheiser HD 555 headphones. 

I used to own an Asus Pro50n Notebook computer, and the headphones worked fine on it, no troubles at all. 

I recently bought an Asus n53jq series notebook computer, and whenever i plug the HD 555s in the sound is really weird, like its muffled, tinny, and some parts missing from the sound. The HD 555s work fine on my iPod.

I also have sennheiser cx300 canalphones and they work fine on my new notebook. 

Any ideas why the HD 555s are playing up?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 3
Sounds like the new laptop cant drive the your senns.

I know it sounds silly, but i have a laptop that works great with one pair and not with another, until i figured it out... it was because one of my headphones had a hard time fully going into the plug on my laptop because of the plastic on the plug would interfere with it going fully in.

Another time i had an issue with my headphones causing a weird buzzing and popping, it was because the plug on my headphones had metal on the part of the plug where it would stop when it would go fully in. The metal on the plug end and the metal on my laptop plug caused a short and it sounded like crap until i backed it out a fraction.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 3
Spot on mate. Cannot believe i didn't see it. The metal bit of the headphone jack cant touch the notebook else it goes crazy. Now i need to find a way to the the headphone to sit in its "happy place", no idea how though

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back