Sennheiser HD 515 bass modification.
Jan 24, 2011 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ZangetsuWielder

New Head-Fier

First off, pardon the dust as I was meaning to clean before I took this picture.

Hi, my name is Andre Clarke, long time viewer of Head-Fi.org, first time poster.

These are my new pair of Sennheiser HD 515's, and I wondering if I could make a modification to them.

I've noticed that a lot of people are saying that inside of the either 555's or the 595's there is a piece of either soft padding or rubber foam on the mesh portion of the ear cup.

When I first received these cans I started to proceed with my ritual of all new over the ear headphones by taking them apart, quality checking, and tightening all of the screws. I noticed that these pair of 515's didn't have either of the foam or rubber padding.

So, I was wondering if by placing some form of blocking material around the mesh portion of the ear cup, would it improve the bass quality? Overall, I really love these set of cans, the highs are crisp and profound, the mids are definitive, especially since I record guitar and I know exactly how my tone sounds and for these to reproduce that sound perfectly is incredible.

I just want to "boost" the lows and bass to say the least.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back