Sennheiser HD 407 ??
Jul 13, 2010 at 8:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mechanix

100+ Head-Fier
What's the deal with these? I can't find any information about these on internet. I searched the forum as well, again with no result. Senn's own website doesn't even list them. I'm asking because some guy selling it for about 20 dollars, brand new. Price is not very convincing but they might be a good deal for the price, I don't know. Anyone with any experience with them?

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #2 of 7
Maybe he's confused on the model no., I know Sennheiser made a model HD-470, HD-477, and HD-497. If they happen to be a mdel HD-497 and are in very good to mint condition I would buy them. I bought a pair for my son years ago and are still going strong and they have great SQ across all frequency ranges. I think they have better SQ than my HD-485's. Happy Listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 7
It's a cheap pair of headphones, I spent around 20€ buying them new. Their specs are similar to the HD 201's (frequency response 21 - 18K), so not so spectacular, however I find them really good for the price (good basses).
What sounds strange is that, on the back of the packaging, Frequency Response is reported as 25 - 21K Hz, which is quite improbable for that price. All websites selling HD 407 agree about the 21 - 18K FR, that seems more plausible.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #7 of 7
I replaced the hd 497 with these 407. The 497 earpads is next to disintrigated and the driver is probably very damaged.
In comparison the 407 is just like the 497 but 10 times better (the old ones are maybe 10year old, probably older). I was looking for something that sounded like the 497 and I found these. On the package it say "Feel the beat. rumble. vibe." The bass is supposed to be rumbling. Can confirm, a slight rumble is there and sounds like the 497 with the bass that was lacking in my old ones. Sq is good, i'll know more when i used them more. For now I can say the quality goes down very much at low volumes, at the point that you must have high volume. Very happy with these havnt found anything better that still have the same sound, I also tested creative sigma headset and was similar sound without the extra juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back