Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification
Jun 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aginghippy

New Head-Fier
This posts seems like it could belong in several different forums, but I think I'll take a shot at this one.

My current setup is, from wall to phones:

-Custom built power supply with custom power cord
-powering my custom built Millet Hybrid amplifier
-going to my current Sennheiser HD-380pro headphones

source is a Chaintech AV-710 soundcard in my computer and I use foobar2000 to play my music

for context, i've owned the following phones:  etymotic er4p, sennheiser hd580, hd650, grado allessandro ms-1, and my current HD380 pros, not to mention some less expensive sets like the koss ksc75s

my main uses: music (obviously), varies in genre, but looking for better lows.  The sennheisers amped sound great in the mid level, but lack something with bass heavy stuff, like glitch mob for example.

now I remember really liking the hd650s which I had recabled with all silver wire and a silver 1/8" stereo plug, but they had the same issue where they seemed to be mainly geared towards acoustic and jazz and the like.

the MS-1's I enjoyed more for metal and electronic for the most part, and the etymotics were just an awesome portable set I'd use everywhere with my portable amp and customer ohm converter to make them essentially er4s'

MY QUESTION:  if I were to trade my HD-380 pros, which retail for around $130 on amazon on sale, for something like a beyerdynamic set, which would everyone recommend would fit my current needs?

I also play a lot of FPS games, so subtle sound is very important to hear others near me.  But I also just really want the lows to hit harder and they should preferably be comfortable to wear for 5+ hours at a time.

if this is in the wrong section, I apologize.  Any answers would be very appreciated and I thank you all ahead of time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back