Sennheiser HD 380 Pro (rather large photos inside)
Jan 17, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #46 of 124
/waiting tehee.

I want info on these!

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #47 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably the SURROUNDER/float combo:
http://www.thismanwillkillyou.com/bu...phones-lol.jpg

and lol duggeh, thats like the 2nd result on google images for "sennheiser surrounder"
popcorn.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #49 of 124
2 months without a review is what I would call a good indication that these are nothing special, and possibly even lousy.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #50 of 124
I recall when extensively testing the PXC350 and PXC450 side by side for a couple of hours last year, that I was enormously impressed with the PXC450 - but with the noise cancelling de-activated. On the other hand I enormously unimpressed with the PXC350 - also with it's noise cancelling turned off.

I remember remarking here soon after that audition that I wished Sennheiser would bring out the PXC450 but without any of the noise cancelling circuitary.

Given that the HD380 Pro is the PXC350's (almost) identical twin, I wonder whether the design was based (if at all) on the PXC350 or PXC450.

All I say is that if based in the PXC350, then...yuck. But if based on the PXC450, then I would likely prefer it to any full sized headphone in the Sennheiser range.

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #51 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recall when extensively testing the PXC350 and PXC450 side by side for a couple of hours last year, that I was enormously impressed with the PXC450 - but with the noise cancelling de-activated. On the other hand I enormously unimpressed with the PXC350 - also with it's noise cancelling turned off.

I remember remarking here soon after that audition that I wished Sennheiser would bring out the PXC450 but without any of the noise cancelling circuitary.

Given that the HD380 Pro is the PXC350's (almost) identical twin, I wonder whether the design was based (if at all) on the PXC350 or PXC450.

All I say is that if based in the PXC350, then...yuck. But if based on the PXC450, then I would likely prefer it to any full sized headphone in the Sennheiser range.

That "Sennhesier Range" your speak of spans up to $1300 now.
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #53 of 124
I am also very interested in a review of these. I had a pair of 280's I really liked (unfortunately my dog liked the way they tasted even more) and really need a replacement. I can't use IEMs and need the isolation that the 280s provided for use on my train commute. Anyone else buy/listened to these?

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #55 of 124
Now i get the feeling this headphones really suck! Jude even forgot to give us the review as if there is no enthusiasm over these cans.

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #56 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, what's up with that review?

Probably because they are not in the shops yet - certainly not in the UK yet; but I think the first batch will be coming soon.

Basically it's based on the PXC 350/450 but without the active noise reduction and with an impedance of 54-Ohms instead of the high impedance of the PXC.

And don't ask me why they are closed headphones and don't start with the number "2" - I don't know.

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #57 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably because they are not in the shops yet - certainly not in the UK yet; but I think the first batch will be coming soon.

Jude has them and said he was going to review them after the ces in the first post.
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #58 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jude has them and said he was going to review them after the ces in the first post.
biggrin.gif

That's because he has listened to the HD 800 - and after listening to those you can't listen to anything else.
biggrin.gif

(PS: when will someone do an HD 800 smilie?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back