Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options
Feb 18, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #46 of 59
Thanks, Folex, for sharing the BTG-Audio link! However, I conducted a little research there and learned a couple of things worth sharing:

1) Brian is no longer taking orders due to a backlog of pending orders.
2) On his contact page, there's a list of headphones he does not service, which, sadly, includes the HD 380 Pro. 

However, he also states that he does retermination (plug replacement) on all headphone cables. Hope this helps...

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #47 of 59
Yes, I was in hell with the twisted coil and spent so long finding ways to straighten it with no luck until finally I tried using a straight extension chord which fit right in not at an angle but no more problems of the twisted wire catching at everything.

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #48 of 59
  Thanks, Folex, for sharing the BTG-Audio link! However, I conducted a little research there and learned a couple of things worth sharing:

1) Brian is no longer taking orders due to a backlog of pending orders.
2) On his contact page, there's a list of headphones he does not service, which, sadly, includes the HD 380 Pro. 

However, he also states that he does retermination (plug replacement) on all headphone cables. Hope this helps...

I used to have BTG do my headphones but recently hes been too busy. So i looked around head-fi and found a gem in Casper. His work is as good as brians and since hes not nearly as big he can give better turnaround times and more personal conversations.  He modded my Beyer 990's twice because my first idea I wanted a microphone and then decided I didn't want it. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #51 of 59
Thank you for the Ebay link.  I ordered one about 2 weeks ago and received it today.  It's very light, and seems to be well constructed.  The headphone end fits the HD380 earpiece perfectly!  It's a welcome improvement from the factory coiled cord.

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #52 of 59
I've been looking for a straight cable for my HD 380 Pro for a while, this one on eBay is really cheap and works great:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310729934016?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=610208201484&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How it looks (I can't attach photo): ]http://i.imgur.com/NwouumC.jpg

I guess any car aux audio cable would work too.

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #53 of 59
So long as it has that 2.5mm stereo plug on one end, yes.  I do not like the lack of strain-relief on those cheap cables, which is why I would not recommend it to others.  You will probably wear it out early on the headphone end.

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #54 of 59
There are some great replacement cables available for around 
$30 at Amazon. I have the 1.2 meter length and it is excellent.

This company offers three other lengths of the same cable, 1.5 M, 1.8 M, and 3.0 M. at Amazon. Search  "replacement cable for Sennheiser hd 380 pro" at Amazon.

Mar 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #55 of 59
Any try some different pads on their 380s?

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #56 of 59
Also - would the cable from the PXC450 be a direct replacement?

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #57 of 59
The PXC450 cable looks to be the same, hopefully it actually is.

I'm using these Taiwanese pads off of the 'bay:

Wow, the change in sound has been awesome.  It sounds more open with the drivers a bit farther away from the ears due to the thicker padding.  The bass is pretty incredible in its texture, solidity, and response.  The way sounds are projected around my head is a heck of an improvement from before.  On the downside, the plastic inner ring meant to secure each earpad to each cup is too big, so I have to use hot glue to keep the pads on.  Originally meant for PXC460.  Derp.
Sicne the pads are thicker, the headphone ends up getting a little bit tighter grip on my moderately large head.  It's a bit close to bothering me, I figure someone with a very large head will not like it.

Mar 7, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #58 of 59
FYI, the PXC450 cable doesn't work since the 2.5mm end is 4 pole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back