Sennheiser HD 300 Pro Review and Impressions Thread (HD 250 Linear Revival )
Nov 21, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #124 of 167
Presets for HD 300 PRO. I'd say they're worth a try.

Filter 1: ON PK Fc 30 Hz Gain 4 dB Q 0.75
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 100 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 0.75
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 120 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 4
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 800 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 1.5
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 2450 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 3
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 3500 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 5
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 4150 Hz Gain -1.5 dB Q 6
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 5400 Hz Gain -1.5 dB Q 6
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 6000 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 3
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 8150 Hz Gain -5 dB Q 4.5
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 11000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 4
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 13500 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 4

HD300PRO_eq.png

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #125 of 167
Oh boy, this thread did not go too well haha.
Metal571's opinion was the final nail in the coffin for me. Seems firmly suited to monitoring/production instead of hifi listening and just not a good all-rounder.
Sennheiser's page makes their use pretty clear too, with absolutely no allusions to personal listening/gaming/etc.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #127 of 167
I recently got back to buying headphones after reeeally a lot of years I didn't (lived with an old pair of Koss).
I read, compared, youtubed a lot of different models and opinions and eded up buying the Beyer TYGR 300r (indeed a "hidden gem" in the BD lineup). I love their rather harman-linear and warm sound with just the right amount of "bass plentiness". Great soundstage, found idiotic that there are merely labeled as for gaming. They cover all genres with elegance and panache and they never tire me. I also tried the HD560S but they were too tiring: very good and detailed sound overall, tight bass, nice highs, but lacking in depth...in the end a boring sound, unengaging. These went back.

I also needed a closed back pair, and went for the Beyer DT770 80ohm, after reading a lot of stuff too. Nice, detailed sound, a bit crispier that the TYGR but not much, but also definitely dry in comparison; they lacked the "ambience" and the depth, and the overall sound seemed very precise and detailed but a bit too impersonal, and like all played out a in a rather narrow band. Not tinny, of course, but thin, like an image that's been heavily letterboxed instead of being a true 16:9 (the TYGR 300's) one.
They seemed to lack depth in spite of their detail and V-shaped FR. A 50/60% more engaging than the HD560S but not as fun as the TYGRs.

That being said, could the HD300 Pro sound more like the TYGR than the DT770s?
thanks

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #128 of 167
@Kwsizer I've tried all and owned some of the closedback Senn. HD 2xx-3xx line. These will likely be too much on the dry / semi-dark and non-engaging side for your preferences. I would recommend looking into the Dan Clarke Audio (formerly Mr. Speakers) or Fostex line for your taste, or even Denon which are quite detailed and engaging. You'd probably like the Senn. HD 540 if you can find one.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #129 of 167
@Kwsizer I've tried all and owned some of the closedback Senn. HD 2xx-3xx line. These will likely be too much on the dry / semi-dark and non-engaging side for your preferences. I would recommend looking into the Dan Clarke Audio (formerly Mr. Speakers) or Fostex line for your taste, or even Denon which are quite detailed and engaging. You'd probably like the Senn. HD 540 if you can find one.

Oh, thank you very much. I'd seen this chart attached and it struck me as quite interesting as for bass response, although that slope after 1khz puzzled me...

Attachments

• screenshot-www.headphonecheck.com-2022.01.29-10_27_44.png
    screenshot-www.headphonecheck.com-2022.01.29-10_27_44.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #130 of 167
Yesterday I spent the afternoon trying the HD 300 Pros out and they sound superb. Not true at all they are muddy or dark, they are quite bright and go down deep in the sub-bass region; they do an excellent job all across the range; bass is powerful but not bloated and texture, layering, detail and soundstage is great. I may be getting a pair of these. They are definitely stunning and I completely agree with the guy that posted this very accurate review: https://bit.ly/3H155AK

They are the closed backs that impressed me the most up to now, along with the DT 700 X Pro, which are very good but a bit duller.
On some frequencies the DT 700 X Pro sound better and perhaps a bit more accurate, but it's a very close call to me, and the Senn are more fun.
I'm buying a pair of b-stocks at 110 euros and they seem a very good bargain to me.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #131 of 167
Yesterday I spent the afternoon trying the HD 300 Pros out and they sound superb. Not true at all they are muddy or dark, they are quite bright and go down deep in the sub-bass region; they do an excellent job all across the range; bass is powerful but not bloated and texture, layering, detail and soundstage is great. I may be getting a pair of these. They are definitely stunning and I completely agree with the guy that posted this very accurate review: https://bit.ly/3H155AK

They are the closed backs that impressed me the most up to now, along with the DT 700 X Pro, which are very good but a bit duller.
On some frequencies the DT 700 X Pro sound better and perhaps a bit more accurate, but it's a very close call to me, and the Senn are more fun.
I'm buying a pair of b-stocks at 110 euros and they seem a very good bargain to me.

Mar 22, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #132 of 167
Hi.I am trying to find a comparison between the senn hd300 pro and the v moda m100 master.
From what I can see the sound signature should be similar?
Has anyone heard them both to comment.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #133 of 167
Hi.Just wondering if you have ever listened to the v moda m100 master.
I am trying to find a comparison between the senn hd300 pro and the v Modas.
Yes, I bought the V-Moda and sent them back in 24 hrs. Mids and higs were accepatble; bass was totally crap, super-muddy and very fast tiring. Comfort is horrible.
On a scale 1-10, V-Moda 3, HD300 8,5.

Mar 22, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #134 of 167
Yes, I bought the V-Moda and sent them back in 24 hrs. Mids and higs were accepatble; bass was totally crap, super-muddy and very fast tiring. Comfort is horrible.
On a scale 1-10, V-Moda 3, HD300 8,5.
Interesting. I had the v modas twice,and sent them back both times.More to do with the earpads than the sound.
I was already leaning towards the senns so might give them a try.
Looking for a decent close back for travel that can handle some knocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back