Sennheiser HD 280 pro thread
Oct 7, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #61 of 63
Thanks for your input. I see. So there is no way to effectively lessen the clamping force of an already strong clamping HD280?

Agreed that they're built like a tank, very solid construction. I think the poster in post #56 above has succesfully replaced his stock earcups with third party ones.

Might be ways to lessen the clamp, but not much with normal usage.

At least in my experience they tend to settle in after about a week of use, only marginally softer (and this applies to the pads as much as the actual clamp).

(Keep in mind I never tried to soften the clamp as it was one of the features I appreciate with this headphone)

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #62 of 63
Might be ways to lessen the clamp, but not much with normal usage.

At least in my experience they tend to settle in after about a week of use, only marginally softer (and this applies to the pads as much as the actual clamp).

(Keep in mind I never tried to soften the clamp as it was one of the features I appreciate with this headphone)

Ok, thank you for the clarification. The HD280 is still a great headphone nonetheless :)

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #63 of 63
Hi everybody
280's i had finally died today, right side gone, it's the wire inside the top piece that was at a bad angle/damaged, they were 17 i think, now i'll finally do that jack mod, thanks tsdorsey :)

decided to buy another set of 280, was also told they were updated a year ago, the headpad is better than the previous one, it also has more room so it won't crack (crazy glued the old one) feels lighter, also a bit smaller and curvy, sleek

also looked at the m50x and hd 598cs, should have bought the 598's last week, amazon had them for $119, ya i know.

HI everybody :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back