Sennheiser HD 25-ii vs. aiaiai TMA 1
May 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

richardstarky

New Head-Fier
I've looked for a comparison thread between these two and have found nothing, which surprises me since they are both fairly portable and in the same price range. I've heard pretty good things about the tma-1, but how do they stack up against the Sennheisers? I'm purely asking about sound here, not style or anything. Anyone who've heard both want to help out? That would be dandy.

May 15, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 5
I own both and gave the TMA-1 to my dad because I like the HD25-II better soundwise. Their sound is not comparable, it is often mentioned that the HD25 is a bright headphone whereas the TMA-1 is a dark sounding headphone. I prefer the bass of the HD25 over the TMA-1, HD25 has a lot of punch in the bass, I love it. I also prefer the mids/highs of the HD25 over the TMA-1 because it is more 'intimate' and detailed. The TMA-1 has a wider/spacious soundstage and more of a 3D sound, whereas the HD25 has a very up front, aggressive soundstage.
Overal it really depends on what your sound preference is and the kind of music you listen. If you listen to fast-paced music like Rock and Metal, like I do, than I would recommend the Sennheiser HD25-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back