Sennheiser HD 215 Review
Jun 16, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #46 of 81
Quote:
Weird, Googling it didn't really turn up anything. New Zealand speaks English of course so its not Google not finding the right words or what not.

it was excessively easy to find them on google, are you actually looking?? :p
http://shop.sennheiserindia.com/hd-215-ii.html
http://www.flipkart.com/sennheiser-hd-215-ii-headphone/p/itmczbu4fkjhf46c
http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=HSTSEN4293
http://www.head-fi.org/t/660547/sennheiser-hd380pro-vs-hd215ii

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #47 of 81
thanks, i actually am quite happy with them mostly on my PC with a Creative Audigy 2 ZS and i need to lower the bass, compared to my HD438's which had quite poor bass.

:) I was just saying that these headphones are indestructible. Other pair that I have (the HD570) would over-steer/drive, while these will survive any ridiculous amount of current without any distortion at all. Sound quality remains, the only difference is sub-bass (talking about freqs below 40Hz!) gets boosted :)

Jun 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #48 of 81
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif
I was just saying that these headphones are indestructible. Other pair that I have (the HD570) would over-steer/drive, while these will survive any ridiculous amount of current without any distortion at all. Sound quality remains, the only difference is sub-bass (talking about freqs below 40Hz!) gets boosted
smily_headphones1.gif

they are pretty "indestructible!" until a very large butt! (a visitor) slid off his chair and landed squarely on the left side snapping it completely!
so this is my 2nd set, and i never received the original cable from the 1st pair (s/h) - so this new 215 is sounding a lot louder :)
they are extremely durable, i never actually thought they could break but the person in question was very large!!

yes with sounds they seem to handle whatever is thrown at them extremely well, making them my favourite cans so far.

Jun 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #50 of 81
Jun 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #51 of 81
Quote:
The first page of Google on my American one showed no results.

Weird that a 2nd edition came out in Europe. 

i believe it's just the original HD215 exactly.
perhaps just "bumping" the HD215 to remind people it's design is still valid.
or... they just wanted to fill a gap in some countries the easy way.
"shrugs shoulders"  who knows :p

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #52 of 81
I'm going to get (also) AKG 240 - Should they sound better? Which should I get new ones (55Ohm) or old ones (DF or Monitor made in Austria) ??? How do they compare to HD215?

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #53 of 81
Quote:
I'm going to get (also) AKG 240 - Should they sound better? Which should I get new ones (55Ohm) or old ones (DF or Monitor made in Austria) ??? How do they compare to HD215?

from what i have researched the AKG 240's (depending which model) have better midrange, but HD215's seem to have more punch and more soundstage.
hers a AKG K240 review http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k240-sextett/reviews/8465
buy both and take one back :p

edit forget that review, its of an old model.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #54 of 81
from what i have researched the AKG 240's (depending which model) have better midrange, but HD215's seem to have more punch and more soundstage.
hers a AKG K240 review http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k240-sextett/reviews/8465

buy both and take one back :p

edit forget that review, its of an old model.

So you basically say HD215 sound better? I really wanted to buy some AKGs, mainly because I always was bigger fan of Harman than Sennheiser, but didn't know Harman makes headphones till now...

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #55 of 81
Quote:
So you basically say HD215 sound better? I really wanted to buy some AKGs, mainly because I always was bigger fan of Harman than Sennheiser, but didn't know Harman makes headphones till now...

Harmon Kardon owns AKG

HK also has their own 'business' headphone line up for the traveling consumer business man. 

The $200 version I tried was pretty good sounding. Fun, bassy and active. The general stuff  you find in good consumer cans. However, the upper trebles did have some harshness I didn't like and the comfortability. Oh gosh, they have some serious problems with that. The design of how it fits is horrible. Looks good, but it isn't humanly.

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #56 of 81
Quote:

i have tried quite a lot of headphones and they all have their brands notable sound style.
but when the 215's produced the whole sound range evenly i stopped searching and as a bonus they can handle bass -  i had a lot of trouble finding good cans at my price point that can handle low frequencies well and retaining decent mid/highs.
although i do miss cars coming up the driveway now as the 215's block out sometimes too much - depends what you want of course...
but you have to try a pair before you die! 
they are a "classic" headphone in my books :)

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #57 of 81
i have tried quite a lot of headphones and they all have their brands notable sound style.
but when the 215's produced the whole sound range evenly i stopped searching and as a bonus they can handle bass -  i had a lot of trouble finding good cans at my price point that can handle low frequencies well and retaining decent mid/highs.
although i do miss cars coming up the driveway now as the 215's block out sometimes too much - depends what you want of course...
but you have to try a pair before you die! 

they are a "classic" headphone in my books :)

Yeah, HD215's are really amazing headphones. I am really surprised their price is below 100 euros! Anyway that is a good thing, cause if I break them I can easily buy another pair (but looking how well they are built I don't really think it could ever happen). Did anyone of you guys here managed to burn them - I mean really burn, so the smoke came off? Cause I think they pretty much indestructible. I just wonder if I driven them from power amp (60Watt) would they break.

I am not so much impressed with treble tough. I thought AKG K240 would do better (especially 550Ohm version), but they won't, will they? How about K702 or Q701? If I like HD215 would I appreciate these?

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #59 of 81
I bought HD 215 as one of my first headphones (hitting the bull's eye without even knowing it). But since I had nothing to compare them with and I thought I could do better, I subsequently bought some more headphones - HD 380, HD 518, HD 668B... only to find out that none of them was as balanced/good as HD 215.

If I knew they were so great right from the start, I could have saved quite a lot of money.

Spoiled by HD 215, I blew some more money in search of portable headphones which would sound similar... only to fail once more.
biggrin.gif

Well, that's lesson learned. I think the next headphone which I'm going to buy is HD 600. If it does not beat HD 215 I'm going to be really pissed off.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back