Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Oct 16, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #1,278 of 1,519
Sooooo, what about those mobius headphones and their dubious head tracking feature?

Love it! The fact you can customize the room virtualiation size (more or less echo, gsx-1000 is about medium size room by comparison) and head circumference for better virtualization is another winner here. The head tracking is great for videos and games (3d manual). A lot of people seems to be using it (3d auto) for music too but I still think stereo is way superior for that. As for the sound quality, it's pretty good, but not amazing. There's some valleys at at the 5k range that can be compensated with eq. But its over all comfort sound and package, and Bluetooth connectivity when you need it, is just amazing.

Metal571's review on it is pretty much dead on!

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #1,280 of 1,519
I've had a GSX1000 for some months now. Skipping over all the gaming specific features (which work exactly as advertised) and focusing on the musical aspect if you turn them all off and activate HD mode (don't forget to switch to 96khz in Windows too) it's okay. Inoffensive.

Pairs exceptionally well with the GSP500 using the surround sound in games.

Hard to say where they stand as a pure music amplifier. My reference points to hand are a Jotunheim (regular DAC, non multibit) and Fiio E10K and I have no measurement gear. I want to say worse than both but if you only had a GSX1000 you'd still enjoy it, if that makes sense.

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,281 of 1,519
I've had a GSX1000 for some months now. Skipping over all the gaming specific features (which work exactly as advertised) and focusing on the musical aspect if you turn them all off and activate HD mode (don't forget to switch to 96khz in Windows too) it's okay. Inoffensive.

Pairs exceptionally well with the GSP500 using the surround sound in games.

Hard to say where they stand as a pure music amplifier. My reference points to hand are a Jotunheim (regular DAC, non multibit) and Fiio E10K and I have no measurement gear. I want to say worse than both but if you only had a GSX1000 you'd still enjoy it, if that makes sense.
Pairs well with the GSP 600's too. I also like the way the mic is handled in multiplayer sessions . I prefer the GSX 1000/GSP600 combo to the Mobius hands down. Way easier to use and the GSP600 is much more comfortable to me. This is my personal perfect gaming setup. For music I use my HDVA 600 amp with the HD660S with the Asus Xonar STX as a dap.

Oct 19, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #1,282 of 1,519
Pairs well with the GSP 600's too. I also like the way the mic is handled in multiplayer sessions . I prefer the GSX 1000/GSP600 combo to the Mobius hands down. Way easier to use and the GSP600 is much more comfortable to me. This is my personal perfect gaming setup. For music I use my HDVA 600 amp with the HD660S with the Asus Xonar STX as a dap.

Yeah for gaming specific purposes it's staggeringly good. I mean I used to do my FPS gaming with an Austrian AKG701 back in the day it was still on the shelves and I thought it was akin to cheating with all the directional footsteps I could hear. Even that has nothing on this dac/amp with the matched headsets from Sennheiser.

Plus as you said, the microphone is quite good too.

I also like the digital touch interface, I hope musical specific amps from both Sennheiser and other manufacturers get "inspired" by it.

(edited as I apparently mucked up my quoting copy/paste)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #1,283 of 1,519
Thanks to a guy called Meat Wad on Youtube for the heads up.
Firmware update released couple months ago. To update download the Sennheiser gaming updated, run the software I needed to then update the software for it to show the GSX has compatible. the new firmware will show up release notes below with link to updater.
https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/gaming-downloads
Sennheiser GSX 1000
Release Note

Date: 14-02-2018
Version: 5.23.37.0.808

Change Log

New Features:
• Added Support for tournament mode.
o Volume wheel on side can mute communication while tournament mode is active.

Changes and Bug fixes:
• Fixed an issue with start up on USB 3.0
• Microphone has been retuned for improved performance.
• Improved audio performance in 7.1 mode.
• Optimized signal to noise ratio on side-tone (microphone).
• Fixed an issue with mute function on windows 10.

Oct 20, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #1,285 of 1,519
Firmware update released couple months ago. To update download the Sennheiser gaming updated, run the software I needed to then update the software for it to show the GSX has compatible. the new firmware will show up release notes below with link to updater.
Sennheiser GSX 1000
Release Note

Change Log

New Features:

Changes and Bug fixes:
Thanks for the heads up. I was not missing anything so far, but I like that they are still at it.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,287 of 1,519
Sennheiser GSX 1000
Release Note

Change Log

New Features:

Changes and Bug fixes:

Update isn't listed for me. Anyone else can't see it? Also, where do I view my current firmware version?

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #1,290 of 1,519
Did you first update the firmware updater? Once that is up to date it should show the gsx and its current firmware version and new firmware .

Where do I get the firmware updater? All I can see on the gaming download site listed under GSX1000 is this:

Screenshot_20181021_141650.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back