Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Oct 21, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #1,295 of 1,519
Oct 21, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,296 of 1,519
Oct 25, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,297 of 1,519
Hi Everyone i was looking at purchasing my first headphones to get away from headsets and a modmic 5.0. I was also looking at getting an amp the g5/g6 or gsx 1200 (1200 over 1000 because its currently cheaper on amazon Canada). But i watched a YouTube review from hardware canucks and in the video he brought up the fact once the mic is plugged into the gsx it loses clarity. Has anyone experienced that and can share some opinions. And has anyone used both the G series from creative and the gsx and what would you recommend.

thanks in advance

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #1,298 of 1,519
I own dt1990 and run them with gsx1000 and wonder if it would be an "worth" upgrade if i buy aune x7s and plug them to the gsx1000. i guess it could also be great for my fostex t20rp and takstar pro 82.
any advice or experience appreciated, ty

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,299 of 1,519
This is probably considered blasphemous here but is there a way to hook up wireless headphones to the GSX 1000 and get all the VSS features? I'm using a pair of 598's right now and, while they sound great, the cord is driving me nuts. It catches on my chair, gets run over, gets all tangled and caught on my desk, etc. I'm willing to give a little sound quality for the convenience of no wireless.

Nov 8, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #1,300 of 1,519
This is probably considered blasphemous here but is there a way to hook up wireless headphones to the GSX 1000 and get all the VSS features? I'm using a pair of 598's right now and, while they sound great, the cord is driving me nuts. It catches on my chair, gets run over, gets all tangled and caught on my desk, etc. I'm willing to give a little sound quality for the convenience of no wireless.

In theory, you could connect a 3.5mm Bluetooth transmitter or similar to the headphone out on the GSX. How much of the vss is preserved, I cannot guarantee. More importantly though, is there would be added latency.

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1,301 of 1,519
In theory, you could connect a 3.5mm Bluetooth transmitter or similar to the headphone out on the GSX. How much of the vss is preserved, I cannot guarantee. More importantly though, is there would be added latency.

That's my worry, added latency and subpar or unfunctional VSS. I'm thinking the latency problem wouldn't be a problem with some of the better wireless headsets like the Steelseries Arctis Pros. Still have to figure out how to hook them up to the GSX though.

Nov 9, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #1,302 of 1,519
That's my worry, added latency and subpar or unfunctional VSS. I'm thinking the latency problem wouldn't be a problem with some of the better wireless headsets like the Steelseries Arctis Pros. Still have to figure out how to hook them up to the GSX though.
You might want to check out the Audeze Mobius. It has all you want onboard plus headtracking.

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #1,303 of 1,519

Alternatively, given that your issue is with the cable being too long, why not consider changing the cable to a shorter one?
Try braiding your current cable and see if the shorter length solves your issues. Here's an example video:

Nov 10, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #1,304 of 1,519
You might want to check out the Audeze Mobius. It has all you want onboard plus headtracking.

The Mobius cans looks pretty amazing in some reviews I read but it doesn't appear that you get the 3D surround effects or head tracking over Bluetooth since it only handles 2 channels.

Alternatively, given that your issue is with the cable being too long, why not consider changing the cable to a shorter one?
Try braiding your current cable and see if the shorter length solves your issues. Here's an example video:

That's an excellent idea! Cheap and I've got three daughters at home who are braiding experts. :)

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #1,305 of 1,519
Hi there,

I own a GSX 1200 and i'm planning to get headphones way more demanding than my easy-to-feed Fidelio X2. So i started to look into better amp as we all know the GSX is kinda weak in that area.

At first i wanted to grab the ifi ican SE, but now i'm wondering if there's any possibility to connect the GSX to the ifi micro iDSD Black Label ? that's probably a noob question, but my knowledge with DAC/Amp is limited and i've no idea which ports i'm looking for.
I remember (back when i was closely following this thread) someone posted pictures of his Meier Jazz connected to the GSX with jack output to the RCA input.

Since the iDSD Black Label isn't just an amp and doesn't seems to have RCA input, i'm not sure if there's any possibility to connect it from something else ?

Below i'm linking pictures of the back and front so you can see the avalaible ports on this unit.
https://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1502.jpg - https://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/nano-idsd-bl-light.jpg

Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back