Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Jul 21, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #527 of 1,519
Pubg is hard one to get good positional audio from. From what I read you are better off using stereo only, with no effects. thats the best audio for this game at the moment.

My setup disagrees with you :D PUBG with the GSX is bloody excellent I really want to get a new video up showcasing the GSX with this game. My last PUBG GSX video is out of date now since they released the audio improvement patch.

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #528 of 1,519
That is good news then. I had read somewhere that pubg hrtf was binaural...similar to when one selects in BF1 headphones, stereo.

I guess since there is no way to change any sound settings really in pubg, it would be best not to just listen in stereo.

Jul 22, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #529 of 1,519
Pubg is hard one to get good positional audio from. From what I read you are better off using stereo only, with no effects. thats the best audio for this game at the moment.

I see, well i can always use just my headphones with an amp... But i am playing other games. Do you think the GSX 1000 would be enough in terms of AMP power
My setup disagrees with you :D PUBG with the GSX is bloody excellent I really want to get a new video up showcasing the GSX with this game. My last PUBG GSX video is out of date now since they released the audio improvement patch.
So in case a game doesn't support or gsx isn't good for a game, would you say the amp and DAC in it is good enough to drive my akg 712pro, I want to grab one so bad, I'm just not sure if the amp and DAC is of enough quality as my fiiio ek10k. If I could have 7.1 with te gsx and it could drive my headphone it would be a perfect setup :)

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #530 of 1,519
I see, well i can always use just my headphones with an amp... But i am playing other games. Do you think the GSX 1000 would be enough in terms of AMP power

So in case a game doesn't support or gsx isn't good for a game, would you say the amp and DAC in it is good enough to drive my akg 712pro, I want to grab one so bad, I'm just not sure if the amp and DAC is of enough quality as my fiiio ek10k. If I could have 7.1 with te gsx and it could drive my headphone it would be a perfect setup :)

GSX is rated up to 150 ohms the headphones you using are within spec 62 ohms. I never used these headphones so I cant really say what they will sound like.

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #531 of 1,519
Hey guys,

I currently am debating to buy either a schiit stack or a objectivE2+ODAC . Would I be able to link the GSX with these DAC / amps , for optimal gaming performance? I've no knowledge about linking so sorry if this sounds a bit dumb.
The reason I want to link it because I don't want to give up on my soundquality, and some headphones i'll own may go over 150ohms.
When I don't game i'll most likely just unplug the GSX.

And secondly: Which headphones work best with these for shooters?

Thanks in advance !

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #532 of 1,519
Hey guys,

I currently am debating to buy either a schiit stack or a objectivE2+ODAC . Would I be able to link the GSX with these DAC / amps , for optimal gaming performance? I've no knowledge about linking so sorry if this sounds a bit dumb.
The reason I want to link it because I don't want to give up on my soundquality, and some headphones i'll own may go over 150ohms.
When I don't game i'll most likely just unplug the GSX.

And secondly: Which headphones work best with these for shooters?

Thanks in advance !

GSX-1000 IS a DAC. The output from it is very clean as you would expected from a Sennheiser product. It comes with some subtle movies and music EQ presets that are actually pretty good IMO. But this DAC does something that most other DACs can't do, HRTF. That's the reason I got it as I watch movies with 5.1 surround and game with surround sound as well. You simply can't get that surround HRTF with schiit DACs and ODAC. It's definitely not powerful enough to drive medium powered headphones to enjoyable volume. So just buy an amp to go with it and you won't be disappointed!

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #533 of 1,519
Following this thread i bought the GSX 1200 Pro(it was cheaper then the GSX1000), but when i put the USB cabel in my computer attached to the GSX nothing happens... Windows found the GSX in the playback devices but the GSX isnt turning on... Is my unit faulty or am i making a mistake somewhere :-/

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #534 of 1,519
Following this thread i bought the GSX 1200 Pro(it was cheaper then the GSX1000), but when i put the USB cabel in my computer attached to the GSX nothing happens... Windows found the GSX in the playback devices but the GSX isnt turning on... Is my unit faulty or am i making a mistake somewhere :-/

The GSX is motion sensitive, move hand over the unit and it should light up. Tried different USB ports? What type of USB port you using 2.0 and above is supported.

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #535 of 1,519
I tryed moving my hand over it its not responding at all, also i tryed every USB i had. Im using 2.0 and 3.0. Also switched to my Fiio E10k and the same cabel is working for it. I just dont understand since its detecting it in windows its just not turning on.... Any other ideas?

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #536 of 1,519
I tryed moving my hand over it its not responding at all, also i tryed every USB i had. Im using 2.0 and 3.0. Also switched to my Fiio E10k and the same cabel is working for it. I just dont understand since its detecting it in windows its just not turning on.... Any other ideas?

Something is definitely up with the unit if nothing is lighting up :frowning2:

Aug 4, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #537 of 1,519
Maybe your motherboard doesn't have enough enough juice of the USB port to power the unit. You might need to buy an powered external USB hub

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #539 of 1,519
Since im only aiming for competitive and single player gaming i have a few options, im wondering about your opinion.
1. I buy the GSX 1000 and pair it with the AKG712Pro i know for single player its going to be amazing but for competitive like PUBG im not sure
2. I sell the AKG 712Pro and buy two pair of headphones Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x for positional audio and one more for bass and "fun" and imersion
3. Same as the second option but i get the GSX 1000 for even better imersion
4. I buy the Seinnheiser HD700 and pair it with the GSX 1000 or a better amp and DAC then i have now (Fiio E10k)
Im really interested in your opinion :D

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #540 of 1,519
Since im only aiming for competitive and single player gaming i have a few options, im wondering about your opinion.
1. I buy the GSX 1000 and pair it with the AKG712Pro i know for single player its going to be amazing but for competitive like PUBG im not sure
2. I sell the AKG 712Pro and buy two pair of headphones Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x for positional audio and one more for bass and "fun" and imersion
3. Same as the second option but i get the GSX 1000 for even better imersion
4. I buy the Seinnheiser HD700 and pair it with the GSX 1000 or a better amp and DAC then i have now (Fiio E10k)
Im really interested in your opinion :D

I'd buy the Monoprice M1060 + GSX1000. I think HRTF works better for more analytical headphones with flat responses like planars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back