Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
May 20, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #1,126 of 1,519
Hello guys i need help , because my head erupts from much informations. I have GSX 1000 and Sennheiser PC 373d / G4me one . I bought before 4 days Sennheiser Hd 660s for better sound in games, but i now read about HD 700 and their Great and big Soundstage.. my question is : What is better for good and accurate surround sound ? Hd 660s or Hd 700 ? if i buy Hd 700 i can feel more wow efect than Hd 660s ? or the difference would be insignificant ? And please Hd 660s have better Sound stage VS hd 650 or hd600 ? because i read about Hd600 and 650 , they are not good for games because they have small sound stage...

Thanks all for valuable informations

May 20, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #1,127 of 1,519
Hello guys i need help , because my head erupts from much informations. I have GSX 1000 and Sennheiser PC 373d / G4me one . I bought before 4 days Sennheiser Hd 660s for better sound in games, but i now read about HD 700 and their Great and big Soundstage.. my question is : What is better for good and accurate surround sound ? Hd 660s or Hd 700 ? if i buy Hd 700 i can feel more wow efect than Hd 660s ? or the difference would be insignificant ? And please Hd 660s have better Sound stage VS hd 650 or hd600 ? because i read about Hd600 and 650 , they are not good for games because they have small sound stage...

Thanks all for valuable informations

Ideally you would want a planar headphone because dynamic headphones's more point source sound generation mean the shifting positions of the headphone on your ear might ruin the effect virtual surround sound. Planar sound are generated more like a flat wave as almost the whole surface of the membrane move together. Meaning shifting position when you are wearing planar won't affect the sound too much. Planars also usually have faster response and lower harmonic distortion, which mean the frequency that GSX-1000 is EQing would not distort the sound and affect the virtualization nearly as much as most dynamic headphones. Not to mention the importance of planar sub bass to the enjoyment of most action games, that both 660S and 700 lack.

As for which planars? HE-4xx or HE-400i lack subbass at default as well, but can be EQed with amazing subbass if your amp can drive it. Their heightened treble are perfect for identifying footsteps too. M1060c are amazing as a closed planar gaming for the GSX-1000 with amazing explosions, but need to be EQed to compensate for the shouty high mid/low treble. I tried the GSX-1000 with Magni 3 on my iSine 10 as well (EQed too), amazingly the virtual surround sound of GSX-1000 worked really well as well for my ear.

May 20, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #1,128 of 1,519

The HD700s are what I usually have connected to my GSX.
I've got HD650's and HD600's but don't use them for gaming.

Haven't tried the 660's though, so can't say for sure.

edit: I'd probably be using my HD598's or PC-37x's before either of the HD6## sets for gaming on the GSX. If the HD660's are closer to the other two 6's then I'd probably keep using the sets you already have rather than switching.

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,130 of 1,519
And HD 700 its not better?

It is - I prefer the HD700 over all of those ones for gaming.

Was just meaning that I'd be using what you have rather than the HD6##'s that I have - would still pick the HD700's over any of them for gaming.

May 20, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #1,131 of 1,519
Isn't Jot + HD800(s) Terrible pairing? What is your honest opinion here on them both.

I've read opinions that go both ways on different forums/Reddit. I agree that I'd like to give the HD800S the best pairing but the HDV800 is super insanely costly. It's that price vs performance ratio that has me thinking even the HD800S might not be for me; but I just want them to know that for myself.

I could be totally wrong, but shouldn't this be a non-issue for the gsx 1000?
The volume dial on the gsx 1000 changes the OS volume directly, which is why turning the dial will attenuate the signal from the gsx's line out (on most amps line out volume is independent).
In this case, isn't the unit just performing the same level of amplification regardless what % we set? The only difference is the input signal, which I've always assumed should be as high as possible for dynamic range. Unless you can detect hiss etc when you go above 80% on the gsx?
Again, I could be wrong, please enlighten me if that is the case here.

This makes sense to me. But I don't have the knowledge to know the answer for sure. Fingers crossed someone from Sennheiser or with an inside scoop can answer for us!

May 21, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #1,132 of 1,519
I've read opinions that go both ways on different forums/Reddit. I agree that I'd like to give the HD800S the best pairing but the HDV800 is super insanely costly. It's that price vs performance ratio that has me thinking even the HD800S might not be for me; but I just want them to know that for myself.

Indeed, I was told that the HDV800 does a good pairing with HD800 but suck with anything else you throw at it, which isn't exactly value for money.

May 21, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #1,133 of 1,519
Hello

I recently bought GSX1200 + GSP600.
But I have a problem with the GSX1200: It does not start with Windows.
Exactly this is what happens:
- I press the button of case
- Boot bios and GSX turn on.
- The WIndows load screen appears, and GSX goes off.
- The windows password screen appears and GSX turns on and off at the moment.
- If I want to use it, I have to plug and unplug the usb cable.

This only happens when the computer starts from off. In case of restarting, GSX works perfectly.

Being off in Windows, if it appears in "sound options" but I can not do anything with it.

The firmware it has is 5.23.37.0.844 and Windows is newly installed. Last View 1803.
Asus Maximus HERO VIII.

Can you help me?
Thank you very much

I hope you excuse my poor English language.

May 21, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #1,134 of 1,519
Indeed, I was told that the HDV800 does a good pairing with HD800 but suck with anything else you throw at it, which isn't exactly value for money.
A superb amp should be able to drive everything you want to drive. As I have the HDVA600 which ist the HDVD800 sans that DAC I can tell that it can do that. It is neutral, powerful and has a deep black background.

May 21, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #1,138 of 1,519
A superb amp should be able to drive everything you want to drive. As I have the HDVA600 which ist the HDVD800 sans that DAC I can tell that it can do that. It is neutral, powerful and has a deep black background.

This is news to me. Very glad to read this as I go through forums, many people say it's a good amp but not worth the money for what it gives with OTHER headphones, but with HD800 it is amazing (rightfully so, as it is made for it anyway). I am happy with tubes

Also later this week, I will share my experiences with GSX 1000 with + Vali 2 and NFB1AMP as an amp with HD600/HD800/THX00/Argon MK3 and maybe I throw some planar there like LCD2C :)

May 21, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #1,139 of 1,519
How did you manage to buy this most expensive HDVA600 ?
I brought a used one. You just need to be patient, it is worth it.

May 21, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #1,140 of 1,519
Recently since I've got the GSX1000, I've noticed that my Bluesnow ball mic doesn't work anymore. It is shown in the recording tab in Sound options, but it just doesn't work. To make it work I have to uninstall the driver, unplug it and plug it again. Seems like the GSX 1000 USB driver is messing around with the Blue Snowball one. Is this possible? After restart this goes away and I have to repeat the process. I have disabled the GSX 1000 mic from the Recording tab but that was no use.

If anyone can help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back