Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
May 14, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #1,097 of 1,519
I am torn away on which I should be getting between these.

I can get the SB X7 and the GSX 1000 for the same exact price. Which one should I go for? (I am going to be using these as a DAC) And use either NFB1AMP or Schiit Magni to amp my headphones. I'll be using most probably THX00 or HD600 for listening

May 14, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #1,099 of 1,519
Depends, the gsx is for gaming, it's pretty much average when it comes to music.

for music I can use the DAC of my NFB11.28, music isn't much of a concern with these tbh. I am just so confused because the SB X7 has much more features and I can get it for the same price. However it is only 5.1 and it uses software (which I think some people complained about them)

on the other hand, the GSX 1000 look like a fantastic piece of equipment, no software is needed and has 7.1. I just need to know which would be better for gaming.

May 14, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #1,101 of 1,519
For gaming the Sennhiser GSX at this moment simply can not be touched. It's surround sound engine is really, really good. I wouldn't change the GSX for anything atm.

My best advice to you would be buy it from somewhere that has excellent send back like amazon for example.

If you do buy please let us know what the double amping is like.

for music I can use the DAC of my NFB11.28, music isn't much of a concern with these tbh. I am just so confused because the SB X7 has much more features and I can get it for the same price. However it is only 5.1 and it uses software (which I think some people complained about them)

on the other hand, the GSX 1000 look like a fantastic piece of equipment, no software is needed and has 7.1. I just need to know which would be better for gaming.

May 14, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #1,102 of 1,519
It all depends on what VSS you prefer. They are both different. I haven't heard the GSX myself, but the X7 does a nice job. The X7 is going to be able to drive a lot more headphones than the GSX will be able to. If I was going to buy one device it would be the X7..you can have everything hooked to it at once, and as long as you upgrade the firmware once you get it, the software is fine.

May 14, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #1,103 of 1,519
I use the GSX 1000 plus a Sennheiser Game One / GSP 600 and could not be happier. The GSX is so small and smart, I love it for gaming. Have heard all other surround simulations over the years and must say for me Sennheiser nailed it.

May 18, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #1,104 of 1,519
Hello, I need help.

I recently purchased a gsx 1000 + gsp 500, it is perfect for gaming.

1st: My problem is with discord: the mic is picking up in game sounds and this cause feedback to the other persons I am playing, it is very uncomfortable. I try to connect other headphones to the gsx 1000 and this happens too.
I have everything connected like the manual , I am on windows 10. I don’t know what is causing this, but is like the mic is capturing what the headphones receive, this happens not only in gaming. It happens in movies, youtube, music, but is only annoying in gaming because I play with discord and this feedback of ingame sound is very annoying to my teammates.

2nd: I cant split the audio from discord to ingame with the side wheel. I turn the wheel both sides and the only diference is that discord sound becomes a little louder.

I have everything setup like the manual, main is default device and communication is communication.

Please help!

PS: Just need that someone that have the gsx 1000 and use Discord verify if this happens too, enter a channel on Discord - go to settings - select Voice&Video - and in the input sensitivity see if it lights up if you play a youtube video

May 18, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,105 of 1,519
Not sure if this will help, but in "recording" tab there's an option for "listen"

Maybe a play there?

May 18, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #1,106 of 1,519
Thank you for the sugestion but listen is off.

The problem is not earing my voice, the problem is that the mic is capturing output sounds and this causes feedback for my teammates on discord. They can ear my ingame sounds, youtube videos, in general everything that passes a certain volume. Is like having a mic with stereo speakers

May 18, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #1,107 of 1,519
What the h.... is Discord for?

May 18, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #1,109 of 1,519
What you describe is feedback. Is this only if you use Discord and are you sure that it is you creating it. We play a lot of Wildlands using the ingame voice over and I am never the root cause for feedback it always comes from others using dedicated mics. This goes for the open Game One and the GSP600.

May 18, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #1,110 of 1,519
In Discord is very notice because my team-mates pointed out to me, and there is a voice meter in Discord settings that shows that the mic is picking output sounds. For me individually this is not an issue because I don't ear the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back