Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Feb 14, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #1,036 of 1,519
Do you have any suggestions for burn in?
Just play music through it 24/7 for two days. But if the treble doesn't bother you, there is no need.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #1,037 of 1,519
Just play music through it 24/7 for two days. But if the treble doesn't bother you, there is no need.

Thanks! I'll do that. I definitely plan on doing an unboxing video of these for my YT channel. Packaging is tight (I totally had a peak already). Can't wait to try them out.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #1,039 of 1,519
Seems to actually work, and it only took them a few month to fix it :D
Maybe they are more focused on Meltdown and Spectre. They'd better be.

Feb 16, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #1,041 of 1,519
now the bug is fixed but I have to restart the OS everytime I want to go back to the 2.0 HD mode, is this normal ??

I also have to reconnect the device after switching it from 2.0 HD 24bit 96khz stereo to 7.1 16bit 48khz surround.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #1,042 of 1,519
I got the SENNHEISER GSP 600 on Thursday after 2 days of burn in the harsh treble softened, so now it presents itself as a very decent headset and headphone. To me it is absolutely worth it's asking price. Deep bass, great mids and treble, very balanced, no headset like pronounced voices. The pads are very nice and accommodate my large earlobes completely, the clamping force levers work nice for me. It is absolutely top notch comfortable. The build quality is very high, it should last very long. The manual is for the open GSP 500 and the closed GSP 600. So we will see an open variant sooner or later too.

how do you like it with the gsx 1000 compared to your onboard and windows . Sennheiser says it emphasizes bass but if you are saying they have to tame the trebble then maybe not too muddy on the gsx after all? Reviews have said the sound stage is even greater then the game ones! what is your thoughts on that?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #1,043 of 1,519
now the bug is fixed but I have to restart the OS everytime I want to go back to the 2.0 HD mode, is this normal ??

I also have to reconnect the device after switching it from 2.0 HD 24bit 96khz stereo to 7.1 16bit 48khz surround.

but why use the stereo mode at all, even for music I preferred the surround. with reverb off and either front or balance focus.

and yes I believe i had to do the same thing to get the hd setting.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,044 of 1,519
how do you like it with the gsx 1000 compared to your onboard and windows . Sennheiser says it emphasizes bass but if you are saying they have to tame the trebble then maybe not too muddy on the gsx after all? Reviews have said the sound stage is even greater then the game ones! what is your thoughts on that?
Sorry, I never use the onboard sound solution. I have the Xonar STX built in since many years, it always moves to the latest PC rig that I build. The onboars is diabled and no drivers are installed. For music, use the STX with the headphone of choice, not the headset. The STX is still much better than onboard, even though they got better, according to serious test from PCGAMESHARDWARE.DE and Computerbase.de.

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #1,045 of 1,519
Sorry, I never use the onboard sound solution. I have the Xonar STX built in since many years, it always moves to the latest PC rig that I build. The onboars is diabled and no drivers are installed. For music, use the STX with the headphone of choice, not the headset. The STX is still much better than onboard, even though they got better, according to serious test from PCGAMESHARDWARE.DE and Computerbase.de.

Oh i'm sorry I thought you had the sennheiser gsx 1000.

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #1,046 of 1,519
Oh i'm sorry I thought you had the sennheiser gsx 1000.
Yes I have and use the GSX1000 for gaming. For music I use the Xonar STX.

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #1,047 of 1,519
Yes I have and use the GSX1000 for gaming. For music I use the Xonar STX.

Ok, so you just bought sennheiser gaming headphones. Have you used them in the gsx-1000? lol and what are your thoughts compared to your game zeros with the gsx.

Does the extra bass in the gsp 600 make the gsx-1000 more muddy then the game zeros? I'm assuming maybe not though? since you talk about taming the treble.

Reviews say the gsp 600 have way more soundstage then even the game ones, so they must blow away the soundstage on the game zero's as well, yes? (which I already think the game zeros have great soundstage) Makes me think you really don't need a 3rd party surround solution for games if you got those bad boys. Sennheiser keeps improving those cups for gaming according to reviews.

You were previously talking about using the windows sonic for heapdhones. I wouldn't use it, it sucks. I would compare your headphones in games with your xonar and in game virtual settings alone vs gsx 1000.

If I was you I would just use the xonar for gaming with most modern games supporting their own virtual 3d sound solutions which probably sound amazing on the gsp 600. avoid any 3rd party solutions. Those headphones is all you need. But I'd like your own thoughts when you compare. What games do you play?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #1,048 of 1,519
hey there
i bought GSX1000 today and it striked me is how quiet it is compared to sb ZxR
100% volume GSX feels like ~50% ZxR's normal mode (32/300ohm), making it harder for me in FPS games, both with senneheiser PC37X and takstar PRO82 (for music i would be fine with that volume)
my is unit broken, or the amp is really THAT bad? would adding Objective2 fix it?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #1,049 of 1,519
hey there
100% volume GSX feels like ~50% ZxR's normal mode (32/300ohm), making it harder for me in FPS games, both with senneheiser PC37X and takstar PRO82 (for music i would be fine with that volume)
my is unit broken, or the amp is really THAT bad? would adding Objective2 fix it?
I have the Game One. On the GSX 1000 I never need more than 30% for gaming. Make sure that the volume knob of the headphone is at 100% (No joke it happened to me)
Make sure that in the Windows menue for Playback Devices you do not select Headset Earphone for the GSX, you want to use Speakers GSX 1000 Main Audio. Then configure it as Standard Audio Device/7.1/All available speakers including subwoofer/all speakers large. You might also want to read the small manual that comes with the device. If then it is not loud enough for a Sennheiser gaming headset, something is really wrong.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,050 of 1,519
hey there
Yes the unit is not an amp, more like a DAC. You'll need a amp to drive most mid-fi headphones. I tried all my usb ports and different computers, the output of my gsx-1000 is weaker or equal compared to my MacBook pro output. I paired it with my Magni 3 and its fine now. 1 V RMS@32 ohms is very weak.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back