Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Feb 4, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,022 of 1,519
Anyone here combining GSX 1000 with another headphone amp? No issue with that? Just in case i need a better headphone amp.
Also it seems the VSS solution from Sennheiser is hardware based and not just a software which many are saying here. They have GSX 1000 / 1200 both of which are hardware solutions and then they have gaming headsets where GSP350 for example supports virtual surround, but then you need to plug in an external USB dongle for the surround.

Feb 4, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #1,023 of 1,519
Did I mention, that I have the new Sennheiser GSP 600 headset on order? I am looking forward in using it with the GSX1000. The Game One is a little too leaky at times and annoys my wife.

I was looking at the gsp 600 last night as my cats chewed through my Roccat Kave XTD digital 5.1 cord. When will the gsp 600 be released? I figure I can clear some desk clutter and make better use of my Creative SB X7 by plugging in the 600 to it.

You think the 600 will be good for the asking price?

Feb 4, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #1,024 of 1,519
I was looking at the gsp 600 last night as my cats chewed through my Roccat Kave XTD digital 5.1 cord. When will the gsp 600 be released? I figure I can clear some desk clutter and make better use of my Creative SB X7 by plugging in the 600 to it.

It is released, but Sennheiser is overwhelmed a bit by the demand. I am a normal buyer, I hope they are worth it, will know tomorrow. I have the tracking #

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #1,025 of 1,519

Let me tell you, I have two dogs, they never chew on anything, but their toys or food.

Feb 4, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,027 of 1,519
Let me tell you, I have two dogs, they never chew on anything, but their toys or food.

My husky doesn’t chew anything. However the cats get pissy when they feel like they should get fed and are being ignored instead of waiting for feeding time. As such they chew. I’ve tried many things to dissuade them behaviorally but the only thing that has worked is using Critter Cord cable protectors.

Feb 5, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #1,028 of 1,519
Cool please let me know! I may just put in the order with amazon soon.
The thing that I received today, was not the GSP 600it was the free headphone holder, that they gave as a bonus for early buyers. The headset will ship later this week.

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #1,029 of 1,519
Anyone here combining GSX 1000 with another headphone amp? No issue with that? Just in case i need a better headphone amp.
Also it seems the VSS solution from Sennheiser is hardware based and not just a software which many are saying here. They have GSX 1000 / 1200 both of which are hardware solutions and then they have gaming headsets where GSP350 for example supports virtual surround, but then you need to plug in an external USB dongle for the surround.

I have paired it with an Objetive2. No issues.

Feb 10, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #1,030 of 1,519
Cool please let me know! I may just put in the order with amazon soon.
I got the SENNHEISER GSP 600 on Thursday after 2 days of burn in the harsh treble softened, so now it presents itself as a very decent headset and headphone. To me it is absolutely worth it's asking price. Deep bass, great mids and treble, very balanced, no headset like pronounced voices. The pads are very nice and accommodate my large earlobes completely, the clamping force levers work nice for me. It is absolutely top notch comfortable. The build quality is very high, it should last very long. The manual is for the open GSP 500 and the closed GSP 600. So we will see an open variant sooner or later too.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #1,032 of 1,519
Thanks for your impressions. I went ahead and bought it. Arrives on Tuesday. :)

Can’t wait!
Remember it needs some burn in to tame the treble in my opinion. Looking forward to your impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back