Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #437 of 461
Quote:
M-13 if you had to pick one..... the Momentum or hd-600's ? .......or is it not a fair comparison ?

Not a fair comparison since the HD600 is open.  Open, IMHO, will always be better than closed within the same price range.  I use closed for office (cubicle), CIEM for travel, and open for home listening.  If you like the sound signature of Senn, don't mind a little extra bass and have a decent source component or amp the Momentum is great... if they fit right. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #438 of 461
What i cannot seem to figure out is wether i can connect the Sennheiser's microphone to a windows PC to also use it for skype.

Anyone an idea or a possible workaround or adapter?

For example, would this work:
http://www.theheadsetbuddy.com/smartphone-iphone-headset-to-pc-adapter-3-5mm-to-dual-3-5mm/  ?

Also, did anyone actually test the quality of the mic? The fact that its integrated in the remote makes it a little scary because you cannot directly talk into the mic.

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #441 of 461
Quote:
I am wondering whether to get these or the philips fidelio of my christmas bonus. any suggestions?
cheers, steve

I would say if you prefer a darker sound, L1; brighter highs Momentum.  From what I have read, both are bass heavy and Momentum should have superior detail and resolution.  FYI, I have listened to Momentum but going just by what I have read regarding the L1.

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #442 of 461
For use on the go I'd prefer the Momentum due to its higher sensitivity and the smaller cups. Although the Momentum in many cases does not fit around the ear comfort is very good due to the soft leather pads and relatively low clamping force. I can use the them longer than I could wear the L1, which is heavier and clamps more.
Regarding transport the case included with the Momentum is unusable to me: its much too big as the cups don't fold. The L1 on the other hand folds flat and can quite easily be put into a bag.
I consider both to be a bit too bass heavy for my taste, with better midrange and highs going to the momentum.

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #444 of 461
I am wondering whether to get these or the philips fidelio of my christmas bonus. any suggestions?
cheers, steve

You are basicly asking portable or at home.

On the go: momentum hands down.
At home:try both =p

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #448 of 461
Quote:
How can you possibly offer a recommendation for the M100 over the Momentum if you haven't tried the Momentum?

Based on what I've read and comparisons between the two from other people's experiences. The Momentums seem to have a clearer midrange but don't have as large of a soundstage, clean bass response, true portability (being able to fold-up), seem to have fitting issues with some people (being supra-aural as opposed to full circumaural), and are $50 USD more expensive. From my personal experiences, the M-100 is the best portable headphone I've touched.

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #449 of 461
Quote:
How can you possibly offer a recommendation for the M100 over the Momentum if you haven't tried the Momentum?

Quote:
Based on what I've read and comparisons between the two from other people's experiences.

Well, owning BOTH Momentum and M100, the Momentum, I find I like the sound signature for a larger genre of music.  The sound is just smoother and more liner (which is not saying all that much because both of them DEFINITELY feature a bump in the bass) and the mid range is just more present.  I'm thru and thru a mid range-vocals guys and the Momentum has that awesome Sennheiser mids that I LOVE.

If, however, you were listening almost exclusively to EDM or other electronic music, I can see where you would like the M100s.

For listening, the hat (FOR ME) tips to the momentum.  BUT in the larger scheme of things, I find myself carrying around the M100s chiefly because of it's significantly more compact size after folding; the hard case is friggin' awesome.  That being said, I ALWAYS find that I'm kicking myself wishing I had the Momentum and vowing to bring them next time....

Put another way: If the wife ever made me chose between the M100s and Momentum.  Sorry v-moda, you's gotta go!  (In fact, I'm actually considering selling the M-100s)

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #450 of 461
Really enjoying the Momentum - I've had it for a few months now and think it's a wonderful creation by Sennheiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back