Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Sep 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #376 of 461
Quote:
What kind of music genres do you listen to?
And this is off-topic, but what does the "speed" of a headphone mean? (ie. they sound fast or slow)

I listened to a fair bit of jazz and classical, some hip hop and metal, and a little bit of trance last night. 

As for speed, I generally take that to mean their transiency and how crisp they sound. So a slow headphone would make a quick sound seem longer than it actually is, I guess.

Quote:
Please post your review in the Momentum review thread.  Good stuff.  I haven't heard the Z1000s so I can't comment.  I disagree that the momentums sound blurred and sluggish but I might be dismissing/interpreting that for aggressive and warm.  I'll be the first to admit that I have trouble articulating what I hear and I really haven't had the time to listen/ compare with my classical and jazz collection where that might be more noticeable.

To be fair, I've only had a few hours of listening time with them and my tune might change completely over the next couple of days. I definitely want to give them a good trial before making up my mind (as with any new headphones I get), but it seems there were many people interested in reviews so I figured I would put up my short impressions. Of course, any review, especially one done within only days of ownership, should be taken with a grain of salt. :)

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #377 of 461
I think I'm going to return them. They make my ears hurt after wearing them. The cups are just too small, and trust me when I say my ears are really not that big. It's a damn shame because I love the way they look and sound, but they should have made the cups even just a half inch wider. Maybe I'll get the M-100s when they come out. If they're bigger.

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #378 of 461
Not every headphone is meant for every person. If they hurt return them. That simple.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #382 of 461
Mine is on its way... I really like the design and the updates regarding the sound signature let me hope that it might fit my taste after all.

If anyone in Europe is looking for a shop having them in stock you might try
http://www.fair-kaeuflich.de/

They had some units this week and should get another batch the coming week (according to their shop). I'm in no way affiliated with them besides my order yesterday, but they shipped it same day and answer to email very fast, i.e. looking good so far.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #387 of 461
I would really appreciate that! I have to decide if I'm going to buy the Amperior or the momentum!!

According to Jude's review, I think he still prefer the Amperior, since is one of his reference on-ear headphones. And according to what I'm reading, the momentum are not over- the ear but a hybrid between over and on.

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #388 of 461
Quote:
Yes, I think Jude's review was pretty good. However, I want to see second opinions.

WOW the momentum is better than the legendary Amperior? That's something!

As much as I'm enjoying the MOMENTUM, my sonic preferences lean more toward the Amperior. The comfort, though...for me the MOMENTUM is far more comfortable than the Amperior (or any of my other on-ears), and enough so that I'm grabbing the MOMENTUM more often the Amperior (or the DT 1350 or M-80) lately.

That said, if I'm listening more critically (like I'm evaluating some other piece of gear in the chain), I'd turn to one of the other three over the MOMENTUM.

...And according to what I'm reading, the momentum are not over- the ear but a hybrid between over and on.

To me the MOMENTUM feels more like a circumaural (around the ear) more than a supra-aural (on-the-ear). That said, it's on the smaller side of circumaurals, so for some it might feel more like a cross between the two. Also helping that is comparatively low clamping force on the MOMENTUM, as well as the super-cushy earpads.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #389 of 461
Sep 21, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #390 of 461
Quote:

Not sure how I missed what? The review states nothing about the Momentum bettering the Amperior. Also, I heard the PSBs recently, and IMO they don't even play in the same league as the Amperior. We clearly have different preferences.

+1 regarding the Momentum-Amperior comparisons.

I wonder if the Momentum is more accurate than the B&W P5, they seem to have similar coloration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back