Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA
Sep 6, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #62 of 520
I hear ya. It only fits the HD 579 with its all grey-silver color scheme.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #63 of 520
Anyone who anticipates the new HD5 series to sound anthing like the HD600/650's would be foolish IMO. My prediction is that the changes with these new headphones are mostly aesthetic and that they will pretty much sound the same as the old one's....not a bad thing at all of course!

Sep 6, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #67 of 520
Its just a Money Question now the HD600 is very Cheap went from 288 to 245 because of the new Series but the HD650 gets Expensive, im talking about Europe HD650 went from 298 to 339.  

So HD558 is now 133 the new one 579 will be at 179.

SO IF a new HD625 will released then it will cost more Logic. It depends on what u want NEW look or OLD.

Soundwise pretty the same.
But now its a pretty good time to buy an HD600 maybe it will climb again on the 288 we never know :wink:

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #68 of 520
569 look great.
I have a set of 558 I use at home unless I bring my hd600 or 650 home from the studio.
I also have Momentum 2 over ear but find them a bit heavy, tight and uncomfortable for watching a movie or relaxing, listening to music.
A closed headphone with the size, weight and comfort of my 558 would be amazing.
Added bonus is that if I get them, the wife won't notice I got (yet another) new headphones, since they look very like the 558s.

Sep 6, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #70 of 520
Sennheiser gimped the line below the HD 600/650 by getting rid of the HD 525/535/545/565 and replacing it with the HD 515/555/595. They essentially replaced a lower impedance somewhat less refined 6xx series with something less refined sounding and cheaper made. Unless they changed the transducers on these new ones I'm not really expecting much different from before.

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #72 of 520
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

True...... but unless someone says they are a improvement (a noticeable one over the hd598) i dont see point in upgrading. IMO the hd598 is prettier, also some would expect some improvement on the design of a newer version...like the ability to change the headband would be a very nice addition.... from the photos i think its obvious thats not possible.... so unless it is a reaaaaaaaally good sonic change (and specially when amazon discounts the hd598 heavilly around the hollydays...) i dont think it will be worth it.... at least for now.....

I am pretty will revamp the entire headphone line.... even the hd25 suffered a minor revamp recently...the earcups now have a much more stable sliding mechanism now,( it even clicks...) lettering was slightly changed and the box as well but the headphones sound exactly the same..... so i wouldnt be surprised if the hd599 was just a change in terms of design but not sound quality.

The other new 500's below seem more interesting.... specially the closed ones....

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #73 of 520
Am i the only one that thinks that the hd598 is prettier than thr 599 and that sennheiser f-ed up the design with that plate?

I'm not sure which one's prettier, but I don't like that big belt-buckle looking thing either.  The 598 is more classic, retro with just the small "S" and subtle burl wood accents.  In regards to that plate, I guess it comes down to if you prefer clean, streamlined, and understated or something that leans towards big and gaudy.  To each his own.

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #74 of 520
  The HD599 should hopefully eliminate the QC issues with the HD598 that I've read about on this thread (some of you have suggested that the SQ of HD598 is inconsistent).

Well, not this thread, but the 598 impressions thread.  Yes, we can hope, but somehow I don't feel too confident in that happening.  My thinking is that since the 598 was/is so popular (high sales volume), even with its supposed QC/Mfg issues causing inconsistencies in sonic performance between sets, there's really no incentive for Sennheiser to invest the time and money to produce a more consistent product.  As long as they're happy with the sales numbers, and there isn't a huge return rate, they have no incentive to improve their consistency.

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #75 of 520
I quite like the darker look this new one has (kinda classy-er), and yes I think the metal plate is a bit iffy.
Sound wise, (only making a conjecture from the announcement) it seems they will be using the same driver as the old one, but with a small change in the internal acoustic chamber, well now we only need people that has the old version to do a/b test to know whether it's noticeable or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back