Sennheiser Amperiors?
Aug 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #976 of 1,022
Quote:
That's the way all Amperiors are sadly :frowning2: I just got used to the looseness of the cups.

It seems to stay in place once I get it positioned on my head, so it's not a total deal breaker, I just really expected the build quality to be better. I've also noticed that if the thin cable doesn't stay where it lies in between the notches on the headband, the split headband can start rubbing away the coating on the wire. 

But again, thankfully the sound is quite good, so for the money I paid I'm going to keep them...my only issue with the sound is that the low end is a tad boomy. But the mids and highs are quite nice. They absolutely destroy the Phillips downtowns or whatever crap headphones I purchased based on Tyll's recommendation, but a clear notch or two below the 1350s, IMO. 

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #977 of 1,022
Hello everyone, I am currently looking for a pair of decent cans for my everyday use. I was looking towards the AKG k67 or the Koss Pro DJ200 or even the Phillips Dowtown. However, the Sennheiser Amperior are currently on sale at Best Buy for 150$. Should I step up my price tag and grab them, are they worth it ? 
Thank you for your help

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #978 of 1,022
I don't know what Tyll was smoking when he put the Phillips downtowns on his "best of" list...I bought those for my lady friend and I absolutely hate them.  

The Amperiors are a solid buy at the $150 price point. I have issues with their build quality and the cable, but the sound is quite good and I would recommend them for sure for that money. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #979 of 1,022
  I don't know what Tyll was smoking when he put the Phillips downtowns on his "best of" list...I bought those for my lady friend and I absolutely hate them.  

The Amperiors are a solid buy at the $150 price point. I have issues with their build quality and the cable, but the sound is quite good and I would recommend them for sure for that money. 

are you saying Jude was smoking something too then? cause Jude had them on the latest buying guide. 

I own both; you really should not compare them directly. Especially at their respective price point. At roughly 1/3 of the cost or less for the Downtowns, it's as if you are comparing the Amperiors with the HD650s. Not really a fair comparison if you ask me.

and for what their price points are, the downtowns are perfectly fine. sure, they are not perfect, but do you know of a perfect pair of headphones at $50 or less?

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #981 of 1,022
  Hello everyone, I am currently looking for a pair of decent cans for my everyday use. I was looking towards the AKG k67 or the Koss Pro DJ200 or even the Phillips Dowtown. However, the Sennheiser Amperior are currently on sale at Best Buy for 150$. Should I step up my price tag and grab them, are they worth it ? 
Thank you for your help

FYI that price was a close out in Canada only if I am not mistaken and they are sold out.

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #982 of 1,022

are you saying Jude was smoking something too then? cause Jude had them on the latest buying guide. 

I own both; you really should not compare them directly. Especially at their respective price point. At roughly 1/3 of the cost or less for the Downtowns, it's as if you are comparing the Amperiors with the HD650s. Not really a fair comparison if you ask me.

and for what their price points are, the downtowns are perfectly fine. sure, they are not perfect, but do you know of a perfect pair of headphones at $50 or less?

There's a reason why they are $50 if that's what they cost now...I paid a good bit more than that. And i don't know if you were referring to me in that entire post, but I'm not comparing anything. I own several pairs of phones that I consider better than the Phillips. You have your opinion and I have mine, my friend. 

But like I said, at $150 the Amperiors are a solid buy. At their original MSRP when they were exlusively at the Apple Store, they were not, IMO. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #983 of 1,022
That's the way all Amperiors are sadly :frowning2: I just got used to the looseness of the cups.

I thought I was the only one that noticed it, I have the hd25 adidas and both the clamping force and the earcups are much looser, I even had to return one pair because it was way too loose, second pair was better though but not as firm as my hd25, anyway I got them for 150 here in canada so no regrets, I prefer them to my hd25 for portable use but weirdly when I connect them to my macbook pro using vlc and some looseless tracks, the hd25 sound louder and the amperior sound a little bit muffled to me, maybe is because I enjoy more fun sounding headphones than flat, I don't really know I'm new to this world anyway, also have the v moda m80, amazing pair too.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #984 of 1,022
I thought I was the only one that noticed it, I have the hd25 adidas and both the clamping force and the earcups are much looser, I even had to return one pair because it was way too loose, second pair was better though but not as firm as my hd25, anyway I got them for 150 here in canada so no regrets, I prefer them to my hd25 for portable use but weirdly when I connect them to my macbook pro using vlc and some looseless tracks, the hd25 sound louder and the amperior sound a little bit muffled to me, maybe is because I enjoy more fun sounding headphones than flat, I don't really know I'm new to this world anyway, also have the v moda m80, amazing pair too.

Definitley not just you...I really expected the build quality to be much better. These headphones annoy the bejeezus out of me until I get them secured in place...

LIke you, I got too good of a deal on them to send back...

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #985 of 1,022
Nov 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #989 of 1,022
Just got my Amperior from the Newegg 48 hr deal today.  Just from listening to a few JPOP ALAC tracks through a VAMP VERZA the trebles and mids are more forward and have more of a pronounced Mid Bass hump than my M-100's.  The bass seems to hit harder too.  Am really enjoying them so far.  Does anyone have any suggestions for cases for the Amperior?

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #990 of 1,022

I Just bought a pair of Amperiors for $129! Great Deal!

Anyway, I was wondering if the Amperiors can be used for djing., (i understand any headphone can)  Apparently, they wre made mainly for listening? and the HD 25s were made for DJing?  lemme know!   Under Compatibility, it says  "not intended for professional Dj Use" O_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back