Sennheiser Amperiors?
Nov 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #992 of 1,022
If you read the second page of Tyll Hertsen's Sennheiser MOE review at innerfiedelity.com, he says that the HD25 series and Amperiors are DJ headphones.

I think the Amperior/HD-25 has had a long history in audio monitoring.

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #993 of 1,022
Has anyone gotten an extra headband and tried getting it hot enough to mold it around something to make it a little bigger and thus reduce the headclamp? I'm kind of thinking about taking the foam off a headband, and wrapping it around a hot pot just long enough to remold it without melting it. Or maybe try to hairdry it. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #996 of 1,022
no review, maybe a mention in a mini piece I am doing on popular portable cans.  Since they are around $350 and I heard and owned lots of $350 portable cans, I prefer some others for the price.  My faves for comfort and sound quality are the Sony 7520 and Focal Spirit Pro.  The Spirit Pro can be a bit tight  and can press upon the top of the ear when new but do loosen a bit over time.  I have a pair in for review and will get it up on my blog in a few weeks.

All of the circumaural headphoness made for portable use that use a round cushion are much smaller than ear size (eg cushion 40mm and ear 65mm) and hence you either fold your ear into them eg. Momentum or Focal or let them rest on the bottom lobe without really going all around the ear.  This can affect bass in some models.  With the supra aurals you have to get used to the higher clamping pressure to keep them in place.  Pick your poison I suppose.

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #997 of 1,022
  no review, maybe a mention in a mini piece I am doing on popular portable cans.  Since they are around $350 and I heard and owned lots of $350 portable cans, I prefer some others for the price.  My faves for comfort and sound quality are the Sony 7520 and Focal Spirit Pro.  The Spirit Pro can be a bit tight  and can press upon the top of the ear when new but do loosen a bit over time.  I have a pair in for review and will get it up on my blog in a few weeks.

All of the circumaural headphoness made for portable use that use a round cushion are much smaller than ear size (eg cushion 40mm and ear 65mm) and hence you either fold your ear into them eg. Momentum or Focal or let them rest on the bottom lobe without really going all around the ear.  This can affect bass in some models.  With the supra aurals you have to get used to the higher clamping pressure to keep them in place.  Pick your poison I suppose.

What's your blog? I keep looking for a closed can with comfort and sound quality and had started looking at the 7520. Do you have a review up there? 

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #998 of 1,022
Blog is in my signature, just click and close your eyes, you'll end up in Kansas:)

No headphone reviews up at the moment, a number will be soon, along with portable amps, dac, etc.  I have a bunch of stuff I selected that has all come in at once.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #999 of 1,022
i just got them! sound so good <3.  dissapoitned the cable is on the right side though. Might want to buy the hd 25 coiled cable to dj.

Is only the left side the one to be able to rotate?!?! Gah..I prefer cable on left and swivel on right (even though i dont ever use while cueing)

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #1,002 of 1,022
right is kind of odd.  i think most headphones have the cables running from the left.  I had my Amperiors on backwards when i first got them because i just assumed that the cables were supposed to be on the left.
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #1,004 of 1,022
Got my Amperiors last night. They sound fantastic from the X3. I think I'll definitely be keeping them. But the cables really suck, as expected. Any recommendations for cables? I'm willing to spend around $150 (more than the cost of the headphones. LOL), but cheaper is appreciated, all things being equal.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,005 of 1,022
When I tried these; I felt like just removing the cups from the headband, hanging them in front of my desk, and using them as mini loud speakers, lolz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back