Sennheiser Amperiors?
Feb 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #841 of 1,022
I agree with your comments. I am new to the audiophile world and would call myself a hobbyist as well. I use a Fiio E17 DAC/Amp with my ipod or my macbook pro and auditioned the Amperiors, Momentums, DT 1350, and the VModa M100's before choosing the Amperiors. I listen to a wide variety of musical styles and felt the Amperiors had the best balance of deep fun punchy bass, with detailed mids, and crisp highs. The bass is deep and punchy, perfect for dance music tracks such as Strobe by deadmau5, the mids sound full and detailed on vocal tracks such as Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, and it handles the treble quite crisp and exciting on rock guitar tracks such as Acquiesce by Oasis!
The only minor negatives would be that it doesnt come with a case, which would have been a nice bonus. Also, the fact that I would have preferred them to go over my ears instead of on the ears for comfort although they still isolate the sound quite well with little noise leakage. All in all I am quite happy with these portable headphones!

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #842 of 1,022
I find it interesting that many who love the amperiors really don't get along with the DT1350's. I am really struggling to enjoy the DT1350 signature but I shall persist a while longer. At the moment I am finding the sound pretty unremarkable and dull. Bass poor and highs shrill at times. Clarity seems to be lacking too. After reading so many rave reviews about the DT1350's it makes me wonder if I have a dud pair.

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #843 of 1,022
I find it interesting that many who love the amperiors really don't get along with the DT1350's. I am really struggling to enjoy the DT1350 signature but I shall persist a while longer. At the moment I am finding the sound pretty unremarkable and dull. Bass poor and highs shrill at times. Clarity seems to be lacking too. After reading so many rave reviews about the DT1350's it makes me wonder if I have a dud pair.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #847 of 1,022
Let me know if you find a good one, I'm always searching for a case solution! As for the DT 1350's I agree I thought Id like them better also, although I have to say the midrange sounded very good and clear for me! Bass was just so weak to my ears in comparison.
Yes I've seen that, but looking for something a bit nicer. I approached a chap who can do stuff in leather and have been trying to convince him there's a market for a classy looking headphone case.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #848 of 1,022
Let me know if you find a good one, I'm always searching for a case solution! As for the DT 1350's I agree I thought Id like them better also, although I have to say the midrange sounded very good and clear for me! Bass was just so weak to my ears in comparison.
Yes I've seen that, but looking for something a bit nicer. I approached a chap who can do stuff in leather and have been trying to convince him there's a market for a classy looking headphone case.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #849 of 1,022
When I auditioned Amperior and DT 1350 side by side, I used a J3 unamped with the same song.  I liked the DT 1350 for the time 'cause it gave me what I wanted that time.  Should I have wanted supraural, I would've chosen those because of the overall design and sound signature.  BUT there's one element I heard only from the Amperior.  I can not explain it and since I'm ignorant of technicalities, I can only say "full body."  DT 1350 is like a straight and stiffly gelled hair.  While Amperior is like long and wavy hair.  So although DT 1350 will definitely satisfy me for my needs, Amperior's sound will haunt me forever if I won't have them.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #850 of 1,022
Quote:
Yep as the one all rounder, for me, it has to be the Amperiors, everything else just pales in comparison. Still looking for a decent case for mine too.

I've found the ATH-M50s bag is perfect for the Amperiors. 

Within I can carry my amp, IEMs, cables, etc. 

Really, works like a charm!!

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #851 of 1,022
When I auditioned Amperior and DT 1350 side by side, I used a J3 unamped with the same song.  I liked the DT 1350 for the time 'cause it gave me what I wanted that time.  Should I have wanted supraural, I would've chosen those because of the overall design and sound signature.  BUT there's one element I heard only from the Amperior.  I can not explain it and since I'm ignorant of technicalities, I can only say "full body."  DT 1350 is like a straight and stiffly gelled hair.  While Amperior is like long and wavy hair.  So although DT 1350 will definitely satisfy me for my needs, Amperior's sound will haunt me forever if I won't have them.

Yes! absolutely. I'm glad my ears don't deceive me. The amperior is like Kelly Brook to the DT1350's Kate Moss! :)

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #855 of 1,022
Has anyone been able to compare the Amperiors to the HD598's? I am trying to figure out which way to go...so far I have been leaning towards the 598's, but I haven't heard much about the Amperior's yet. I would love some feedback before I commit either way :) 

The main thing I've read so far is that comfort is an issue for some people, with the Amperior's being too tight. Does anyone else have that issue? And most importantly, what's the sound comparison between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back