Sennheiser Amperiors?
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #676 of 1,022
So the m100s don't roll the highs off like the m80s? I seem to have read they lack sparkle and sound dark like the m80s.

The sibilance didn't bother me on the Amperiors. It was there but not sharp or piercing.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #677 of 1,022
Quote:
So the m100s don't roll the highs off like the m80s? I seem to have read they lack sparkle and sound dark like the m80s.
The sibilance didn't bother me on the Amperiors. It was there but not sharp or piercing.

I'm not sure where you read the M-100 has rolled off highs.  Highs are well extended, more than M80.  If the highs were any more extended, I would consider them too bright.

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #678 of 1,022
That's good to know. That's one of the main issues that bother me about the M80. I have renewed interest. 

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #681 of 1,022
Quote:
The Amperior's remote is compatible only with iphone/ipods.
Most likely , the remote would be "ignored" by your htc desire.
Switch to the cable without remote.

Thanks for your quick answer. I know that it's made/designed for Apple devices but it doesn't mean it's not working with Android devices. I found a review where the autor states the following:

"Skip forward and play/pause worked with an Android phone I tested -- the Samsung Galaxy S Advance -- but tapping the central button three times to skip back a track did not prove effective. iPhone users can use that middle button to take calls, and while I also successfully tested the call function from a Google Nexus S, I discovered that the controls are subtly different. In short, these in-line remote controls may work with your Android phone, but there are no guarantees. If possible, you should take your phone to a shop to test out those functions with the Amperiors before buying."

Unfortunately i can't test them because the Amperiors are nowhere to be found in stores(in my country). I simply wanted someone to test Amperior's remote with HTC Desire HD and see what controls work with it, that's all.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #682 of 1,022
Quote:
Thanks for your quick answer. I know that it's made/designed for Apple devices but it doesn't mean it's not working with Android devices. I found a review where the autor states the following:

Well  either it was intended by samsung , and done silently (i.e no advertising) to avoid an other lawsuit with apple, or it's a "coincidence".  The thing is that apple don't want cross compatibility, and would do as much as possible to prevent it. I  wouldn't rely on an unofficial support.

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #684 of 1,022

My mission was to find a portable headphone that worked with my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, without the fuss on an amp.

My home setup is an iPod Classic, Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600 ohms and a Liitledot MKIV with rolled tubes. This works really well with every genre of music I listen to from rock, pop, classical, opera, jazz and blues. All my music is ripped at 320 bit rate mp3.

My current portables cans are apple earpods, Bose Ae2i and Sennheiser HD202 ii.

The Amperiors specification seemed ideal so about a week ago I went to my local Apple store and had a listen. Straight away I liked their sound but £260 was a lot of money. The sales guy was pushing the P5 but I wasn't convinced. I went to John Lewis and they had the B&W P5 & P3. I had a listen to both using my iPhone 5. The P3 were dreadful. The P5 were a lot better but not for me. So I went back to the Apple store and had another listen and bought them. I like buying them from the Apple store as you have a 14 day return period.

So I got home yesterday at 2pm. And started playing them from my iPad Mini continuously. So it's been nearly 24 hours. I liked the sound signature from the off but the bass felt hard if that's the right word. This has now changed and there is good bass and along with sub bass too.

The instruments and separation and placement of the singers on tracks is so incredible. Listening to Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton. I've never heard such good separation and musical emotion. Melody Gardot , One Day - her vocals were mesmerising. Nearly every type of genre is being played with aplomb and I am rediscovering so much of my music.

I then did some comparisons with my littledot tube amp and Beyers DT880. They are just not as emotional sounding or hair raising. The DT880 technically are far more capable but suddenly I feel like this 2 piece combo is in threat of being sold.

I love the Amperior. They fit well into my needs. They remind me of my Sennheiser HD600 - with their hair raising musical abilities. And they don't need amping.

I haven't heard some of the other cans mentioned like the DT1350, Signature Pros, or Vodas, but I have demoed a number of other types.

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #686 of 1,022
Quote:
Quick update. Whilst these sound lovely the comfort is not. My ears hurt after an hour. I don't want to return these but I might. Will update soon.

Potential downside of supra-aural design.  I would highly recommend auditioning the PSB M4U1 as an alternative in that price range.  IMO, superior sound across the range with a more neutral signature and high comfort circumaural design.

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #688 of 1,022
Potential downside of supra-aural design.  I would highly recommend auditioning the PSB M4U1 as an alternative in that price range.  IMO, superior sound across the range with a more neutral signature and high comfort circumaural design.

I have had a look at these but from what I can deduce they will need an amp to drive them properly?

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #690 of 1,022

Users who are viewing this thread

Back