Sennheiser Amperiors?
Jun 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #271 of 1,022
Breaking News : Sennheiser is reducing the price gap between the HD-25 and the Amperior

Unfortunately not the right way :frowning2:((

The HD-25 prices has just been raised by approx. 20€ at several french & european resellers I could check

The basic edition goes from around 150/160€ to 177€
And the classic editions from around 170/180€ to 198€

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #272 of 1,022
Quote:
Breaking News : Sennheiser is reducing the price gap between the HD-25 and the Amperior

The HD-25 prices has just been raised by approx. 20€ at several french & european resellers I could check

The basic edition goes from around 150/160€ to 177€
And the classic editions from around 170/180€ to 198€

But the amperiors are so exciiiiiiting. Hold your breath, I'm sure you'd still get them. Hurry up, the price might still increase in the next coming days. Hold your breath ....

Hum, are you sure they are worth the hype ?

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #274 of 1,022
Different drivers : different impedance, said to be better fitted to portable sources, unknown difference in sound quality
Different cups : aluminium made, different damping cavities, said to enhance sound quality
Different cable : apple device remote and unknown SQ difference (the HD-25 don't seem to be acclaimed for this, as far as one might believe in cable SQ)
Different pads : seems to be close to the velours ones of the HD-25 (or maybe the same ?)
So what remains the same ? Oh yes, the headband
I'm afraid that getting all the different parts as spare will be more pricy than the Amperior itself !
The few reviews available all say the Amperior is superior to the HD-25
Is it real ? Will I, me or myself even notice ? Is it worth the price difference ?
Who knows ?
I personaly think it can not be worse, and can afford it, so I will probably end up getting the Amperior over the HD-25, even if I'm a bit doubtfull whether it's really worth the difference
The law of diminishing returns rules here, for Sennheiser's best profit !

Edited : If I already had the HD-25, I probably wouldn't mind upgrading

Edited : Or maybe should I get a Beyer DT 1350 ?

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #275 of 1,022
That's the point, you wouldn't need to buy the whole catalogue of spares because the HD25 is already good as is.

Of course now that i'm in possession of a pair i would probably buy just the caps and cable given the sound isn't drastically different to the extent where i'd fork out on the drivers too.

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #276 of 1,022
Quote:

Just because Craigster thought he'd prefer the M-100 over the ES7s doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about cans. You don't actually have to ask him to audition the Beats headphones. That just sounds condescending.

Beats are on par with the M-80's in my book.... look good.

Your headphones are only as good as the source, if the source is good it will show up life-style cans for what they are.

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #278 of 1,022
Quote:

Different pads : seems to be close to the velours ones of the HD-25 (or maybe the same ?)

The pads on the Amperior are more of a microfiber material. Similar to the HD700/800

The few reviews available all say the Amperior is superior to the HD-25

I had the chance to try them head to head a few months ago, and I much prefer the sound sig of the Amperior. Substantial upgrade imho.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #279 of 1,022
Quote:

I have just heard that Sennheiser UK is issuing new price lists on the 1st July and that dealer margins will be being reduced on some items.  This is across the board so I don't have any specifics at the moment.

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #281 of 1,022
Quote:

Beats are on par with the M-80's in my book.... look good.

Your headphones are only as good as the source, if the source is good it will show up life-style cans for what they are.

Just had to point out the absurdity of this comment; sorry but those are two completely different cans/companies with totally different attitudes towards their customers. Just because you don't like the them (and of course, you are completely entitled to your own opinion) doesn't mean you should insult them enough to put them in same league as Beats. They are above, way beyond, and only getting better.

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #282 of 1,022
Quote:

Just had to point out the absurdity of this comment; sorry but those are two completely different cans/companies with totally different attitudes towards their customers. Just because you don't like the them (and of course, you are completely entitled to your own opinion) doesn't mean you should insult them enough to put them in same league as Beats. They are above, way beyond, and only getting better.

where have I insulted them... they look good and are designed by a DJ... pretty much the same as Beats.

with my Walkman Z1070 the M-80's sound muddied, narrow and the sound can't even match the stock buds that come with the WM-Z (Sony tends to equip most of their players with fairly good buds, unlike other manufacturers), so yes I found they really wasn't suited to my hearing needs because the SQ was how they say 'crap', would you of preferred I lied about my findings?

you may fail to see the irony of you statement 'They are above, way beyond, and only getting better'.... this is why most people are viewing this thread too see if there is a discernible increase in performance with the Amperior over the HD-25 (not that I've owned either), which has nothing to do with the M-80's.... if you want a 'lifestyle product' go for the M-80's... if you're after sound quality best look elsewhere as that is what I am doing, hopefully the Amperiors will fill that need.... if they do, I shall certainly feel entitled to my opinion to tell people about my findings afterall, this is a thread about Amperior's and not the M-80's... a small but important point wouldn't you agree?

Jun 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #283 of 1,022
where have I insulted them... they look good and are designed by a DJ... pretty much the same as Beats.

with my Walkman Z1070 the M-80's sound muddied, narrow and the sound can't even match the stock buds that come with the WM-Z (Sony tends to equip most of their players with fairly good buds, unlike other manufacturers), so yes I found they really wasn't suited to my hearing needs because the SQ was how they say 'crap', would you of preferred I lied about my findings?

you may fail to see the irony of you statement 'They are above, way beyond, and only getting better'.... this is why most people are viewing this thread too see if there is a discernible increase in performance with the Amperior over the HD-25 (not that I've owned either), which has nothing to do with the M-80's.... if you want a 'lifestyle product' go for the M-80's... if you're after sound quality best look elsewhere as that is what I am doing, hopefully the Amperiors will fill that need.... if they do, I shall certainly feel entitled to my opinion to tell people about my findings afterall, this is a thread about Amperior's and not the M-80's... a small but important point wouldn't you agree?

Now there's a comment full of contradictions. You never insulted the M-80? Putting them in the same book as Beats (and no, both cans were not made by DJs. You should probably do your research. Or not whatever it took you several bashing posts to even say why you didn't like the M-80 [ie actual subjective impressions) and labeling them a 'lifestyle can' can't possibly be insulting no? The term 'lifestyle can' is in of itself, a lame and condescending term IMO... A headphone is a headphone and our audio hobby is a lifestyle - what doesn't make any of our headphones then 'lifestyle cans'? Or is that a term you're regurgitating from something you read? Don't worry, you don't have to answer that. :)

This why most people are viewing this thread, really? Speak for yourself please. And as for this being OT, you were the first person to bring up the M-80 in the recent comments. It's funny you talk a lot but really don't own up to anything. Go ahead, deny that also. I hope you end up enjoying the Amperiors. If their soundstage is any where near the HD25s there's no telling! :wink:

Edit: I don't want this post to seem like an attack and I am not here to have an argument. I just feel that it's a bit wrong to blanket V-MODA and put them in the same camp as Beats. I respect your opinion when it comes to the M-80 (there will always be people who disagree on cans) however I feel that considering V-MODA's involvement in the community, their innovation and overall quality, along with the fact that many have given the M-80s rave reviews when it comes to SQ and build quality, they shouldn't be put in the same camp as a company which constantly insults their own customers with overpriced plastic and horrible SQ. Whether they 'look good' or not is irrelevant and subjective. Personally I think Beats look like cheap toys while I find the HD25 just as appealing as the M-80 for different reasons. And yes, I would put them on par with the HD25 (which I own) SQ wise and in some ways the M-80 does quite a few things better (soundstage and mids). My opinion of course.

Anyway, back to the Amperior, I think it's a bit sad Senn is raising the price of the HD25. They did the same thing wih the HD800/650/600 when the HD700 came out.

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #284 of 1,022
of course it's a personal attack you only have to read the entails but hey deniability is what matters most huh... and why should I own up to anything?... ohh I get it I have wronged your impression of the M-80, sorry about that but they sound absolute crap with a WM-Z, if that offends your perception of V-Moda's involvement in this website then all I can say is 'honesty' over 'hype' any day, afterall most who sponsor things are only after your custom and all V-Moda has done for me is waste my money on what I thought would be a good product... look good though and they are well made & the packaging is exemplary... some bright spots at least for the M-80's wouldn't you agree?

now can we get back to the Amperiors or would you prefer the definative last word?

ps.... I'm bored with this malarkey now and the footie is way more interesting so don't expect further responces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back