Sennheiser Amperiors?
Apr 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #91 of 1,022
Apr 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #92 of 1,022
I'd get instead the new ie800 , that allows frequency from 5hz – 46,500 Hz ,
for only $700, and that comes conveniently with non-detachable cable.

http://www.slashgear.com/sennheiser-ie-800-earphones-hands-on-13222800/

Why do I  have the bad feeling that sennheiser is milking more or and more consumers ...

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #93 of 1,022

Quote:
Delayed? Sennheiser?? You don't say! 

Many years ago, when I used to work for Sennheiser, at the General Meeting in Germany they announced a forthcoming product due in such and such a month - in unison everyone said "which year?"
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #94 of 1,022
I got a chance to try these out today briefly, the Sennheiser rep came to Iowa State Campus for Veisha, and I would have to say I like the sound better on these than the Beyerdynamic DT1350s and the V-moda M-80s.  Keep in mind though it was a pretty quick impression and I do not own the Beyers I do have the V-modas.

Bryan

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #97 of 1,022

Quote:
I should probably point out too that while I did like the sound of the Amperiors over my M-80s the difference is pretty minor and I don't think it is enough for the price difference.

Bryan

the V-Moda M-80's were my worst buy of any headphones, great styling & packaging and fairly nice mids but that is about it, why people rave on the M-80 about is completely lost on me.... but hey that's my opinion. 

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #99 of 1,022

Quote:
I got a chance to try these out today briefly, the Sennheiser rep came to Iowa State Campus for Veisha, and I would have to say I like the sound better on these than the Beyerdynamic DT1350s and the V-moda M-80s.  Keep in mind though it was a pretty quick impression and I do not own the Beyers I do have the V-modas.

Bryan

That's pretty awesome they came out to your school!

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #101 of 1,022

Quote:
the V-Moda M-80's were my worst buy of any headphones, great styling & packaging and fairly nice mids but that is about it, why people rave on the M-80 about is completely lost on me.... but hey that's my opinion. 

Your opinion is very much respected, but you gotta admit even if you don't like the M80s that they are still better than alot of other headphones. *cough*Beats*cough*

Apr 18, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #102 of 1,022

Quote:
Your opinion is very much respected, but you gotta admit even if you don't like the M80s that they are still better than alot of other headphones. *cough*Beats*cough*

Design & style wise the M-80's are hard to beat, they are a definate head-turner... the sound they produce in the mid-range is up there with the best, great for hip-hop and the like but unfortunately the lows & highs were pretty much absent for the most, which is a pain when you have a wide music choice... I only had them for about 10days so I'm probably not the best judge as they only had about 20/25hrs on them, a friend's son loved them so his Dad bought them for him, I wasn't gonna argue as I getting more or less what I paid for them.

I'm pretty new to all this so far its been an education in how to waste money, not that anything I've bought is crap I'm just looking for something more that will match the sound I'm trying to get when I'm out & about... sometimes having a half-decent home-system makes you a bit too critical.

Beats... bit like iPod.... very overated but hey believe the hype... Beats 'made for IPod'... there's a ironic truth in there somewhere and it has nothing to do with SQ.

May 8, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #104 of 1,022
It would be great to be able to compare them to others now that I have the HP-P1 as part of my portable rig I'm not sure what the quality of the source material was when I heard them how much they were broken in and the like.  It was pretty awesome that they came to the school to show off some of the headphones but I wish they would have done a better job of it, I didn't think that the HD800s they brought were well amped and the Amperiors were ran just out of an ipod but eh.

Bryan

May 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #105 of 1,022
Do you go to a recording/ music school of some sort? I find it really interesting that Sennheiser visited!
Quote:
It would be great to be able to compare them to others now that I have the HP-P1 as part of my portable rig I'm not sure what the quality of the source material was when I heard them how much they were broken in and the like.  It was pretty awesome that they came to the school to show off some of the headphones but I wish they would have done a better job of it, I didn't think that the HD800s they brought were well amped and the Amperiors were ran just out of an ipod but eh.

Bryan

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back