Sennheiser Amperiors?
May 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #106 of 1,022
For anyone wondering about the release of the Amperior: Sennheiser recently told me that for the first month it goes on sale, the only place the Amperior will be available is in Apple stores.

May 9, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #107 of 1,022
Oh my god, why Sennheiser. WHY? I hate Apple store exclusivity

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 9, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #108 of 1,022
Quote:
For anyone wondering about the release of the Amperior: Sennheiser recently told me that for the first month it goes on sale, the only place the Amperior will be available is in Apple stores.

I heard the first couple of months.

I think it's because they can't make them fast enough and it's better to have them available in one store than to delay the whole release.

It's probably Apple to highlight that they will work in an iPod touch etc..  The plug on the original HD 25-1 was too wide to fit in the extremely narrow insert - remember that every headphone manufacturer had to redesign their mini-jacks especially for the iPod touch and iPhone when they came out as, originally, only Apple headphones would fit.

May 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #109 of 1,022
Quote:

I heard the first couple of months.

I think it's because they can't make them fast enough and it's better to have them available in one store than to delay the whole release.

It's probably Apple to highlight that they will work in an iPod touch etc..  The plug on the original HD 25-1 was too wide to fit in the extremely narrow insert - remember that every headphone manufacturer had to redesign their mini-jacks especially for the iPod touch and iPhone when they came out as, originally, only Apple headphones would fit.

That makes sense, John. 

I love the HD 25 and with the velour pads I hear what sounds like some resonance in the plastic driver cups, which has apparently been improved with the aluminium cups and dampening of the Amperior - I'm really looking forward to hearing it. 

May 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #110 of 1,022
Quote:

now that really is interesting as Custom-Cans reckon they'll be sending out orders on the day of the Amps release... there's a lot of pre-orders with dealers from punters who have paid in full (I'm one), I will be seriously pissed off if I have to wait a month after their release to get mine, especially since I was meant to get them in early April.

The iPlod part of the Amps cable is detactable, it's only that part that is made for iplod, its just an extention.

May 15, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #115 of 1,022
I don't like the metal accents either, but apparently they do sound much more accurate than its predecessor. I don't see it justifying the extra price though, no matter what Jude or Ty say. I'd rather put that money into something else.

May 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #116 of 1,022
Finally got my hands on one of them 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #119 of 1,022
Quote:

are you saying that they are now on general release?

Yes.

The only thing I can say for now - is that it feels much more comfortable than the HD25 by quite a margin. I think it's the microfibre ear pads (similar to the ones found on HD 700).

The clamping force is also less tight than the HD25s, I think this contributes to why I feel that these are more comfortable. The aluminium finishing looks durable, and have a very refined finishing.

The bass response is much, much tighter than the HD25s and they don't dissolve like the HD25s do when they hit the plastic cups, they are crisp and just punchy.

Need more listening and burn in to comment on the rest.

May 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #120 of 1,022
Quote:

Yes.

The only thing I can say for now - is that it feels much more comfortable than the HD25 by quite a margin. I think it's the microfibre ear pads (similar to the ones found on HD 700).

The clamping force is also less tight than the HD25s, I think this contributes to why I feel that these are more comfortable. The aluminium finishing looks durable, and have a very refined finishing.

The bass response is much, much tighter than the HD25s and they don't dissolve like the HD25s do when they hit the plastic cups, they are crisp and just punchy.

Need more listening and burn in to comment on the rest.

What site did you order these from then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back