Sennheiser Amperiors?
Nov 28, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #1,006 of 1,022
  Got my Amperiors last night. They sound fantastic from the X3. I think I'll definitely be keeping them. But the cables really suck, as expected. Any recommendations for cables? I'm willing to spend around $150 (more than the cost of the headphones. LOL), but cheaper is appreciated, all things being equal.

Whatever you do, make sure the cable stays within that little groove between the two parts of the headband...the cable will VERY easily slice and lose the signal. It happened to me on the first pair I bought. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,007 of 1,022

Whatever you do, make sure the cable stays within that little groove between the two parts of the headband...the cable will VERY easily slice and lose the signal. It happened to me on the first pair I bought. 

Yeah I noticed that... I've been keeping the wire in place pretty tight, or have been keeping the headband apart. Overall insane deal for $119. I think they're well worth $200. Build quality is great yet at the same time one needs to be careful with certain parts like the cable and the extenders. LOL. I do like them a lot however. Keepers for sure. Sennheiser should have released these for $199, and available everywhere not just at the Mac Store. They would have done better I think....

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #1,008 of 1,022
I just found out yesterday of the lower price deals for the Amperiors. I am finally ready to jump on these headphones after the long wait of a price drop, but if anyone owns both the Amperiors and V-Moda M80s who could give me more of an idea of what to expect than just what I have read from tiny comparisons here and there, I would greatly appreciate it. xD

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #1,009 of 1,022
I just found out yesterday of the lower price deals for the Amperiors. I am finally ready to jump on these headphones after the long wait of a price drop, but if anyone owns both the Amperiors and V-Moda M80s who could give me more of an idea of what to expect than just what I have read from tiny comparisons here and there, I would greatly appreciate it. xD

Been a while since I had the m 80 but I would say the amperior is more aggressive. There is a lot more treble energy and bass punch. Mids are still good but maybe a bit recessed. were super bassy when I got them but it's toned down. m80 is smoother. Amperior isolates better.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #1,010 of 1,022
Since Amazon now selles them for $149 I took the plunge and ordered them. It's the blue version for this price. I decided against the Momentum on ear as I have an older HD 25-1 and love it.

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #1,011 of 1,022
aw, I just paid $180 for a used one (from a user who probably paid $150..). he also didn't include receipt or anything, so just wondering how sennheiser warranty is like? is it transferrable? must i show proof of purchase? thanks.. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,012 of 1,022
Don't feel bad. The price is up again at $195. Must have been a small batch for 149. Still don't have it yet delivery takes its jolly good time.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #1,015 of 1,022
best buy in canada is selling these for $139(silver)...got mine  today..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #1,016 of 1,022
How is it overall when comparing with SR225i ... Wondering if wooden mod 225i would be comparable with these headphone ...
Recently sold my wooden SR80i ... Just wondering if I should get SR60i or SR225i, wooded mod or just get this instead ...

Someone mentioned these would be discomfort to whom wear glasses ... That worries me, even if they are superior to comparing grados ...

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,018 of 1,022

I Just bought a pair of Amperiors for $129! Great Deal!

Anyway, I was wondering if the Amperiors can be used for djing., (i understand any headphone can)  Apparently, they wre made mainly for listening? and the HD 25s were made for DJing?  lemme know!   Under Compatibility, it says  "not intended for professional Dj Use" O_O

How many time should i let them burn in???
Got mine this week.... must have about 40, 50 hours tops on them.... to be honest for now i am a bit disapointed.... not that they are bad but when compared to my hd25's they sounds much more bassier and much more laidback at the same time. I wanted a tiny bit more bass, but not at the expense of the amazing agressive sound signature of the hd25. Specially the mids... the mids sounds more agressive on the hd25's but at the same time the hd25 seems clearer and with much better resolution.... vocals and guitars on rock sound much more forward and engaing on the hd25's....

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #1,019 of 1,022
Anyone know if the ear pads from the newer HD-26 would fit the amperior?They are supposed to be a fair bit more comfy.

The HD 26's ear pads come with a different catch so they won't fit on to the Amperior. You may use the HD 25 Aluminium's ear pads though. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back