Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Aug 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #316 of 1,054
Since these are discontinued I wonder where you'd buy replacement parts like the cable (the top portion) ear pads etc. I'm thinking of buying these again.

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #317 of 1,054
Quote:
Since these are discontinued I wonder where you'd buy replacement parts like the cable (the top portion) ear pads etc. I'm thinking of buying these again.

I think it would be easy enough to use a HD 25 Cable. As for the pads it might be worth calling up Senn and getting an extra pair or two in advance. If you can't I think Velour HD 25 pads are going to be readily available for quite awhile. 

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #318 of 1,054
I have a dumb question.I have the refurbed blue version and was wondering about the cups. I noticed today that the left cup allows for front to back movement while the right (with the red cable connected) does not. Is this how it is designed or does the left side screw need to be tightened or should the right screw be loosened to allow for the same movement.? Both cups pivot left to right.

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #319 of 1,054
Quote:
I have a dumb question.I have the refurbed blue version and was wondering about the cups. I noticed today that the left cup allows for front to back movement while the right (with the red cable connected) does not. Is this how it is designed or does the left side screw need to be tightened or should the right screw be loosened to allow for the same movement.? Both cups pivot left to right.

That's the way is designed, The Amperior comes from the HD25-II which is a DJ Headphones, and that feature helps DJ's to monitor the playing music on the speakers while listen to the upcoming track on the right side. (That's called "Cue" the next track).

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #320 of 1,054
Quote:
That's the way is designed, The Amperior comes from the HD25-II which is a DJ Headphones, and that feature helps DJ's to monitor the playing music on the speakers while listen to the upcoming track on the right side. (That's called "Cue" the next track).

Cool, I was just wondering. I have seen DJ's do that video(I go to rock\metal shows so I have not seen a DJ in person:) and should have known after reading the description when I bought these originally.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #321 of 1,054
Is there any recommendation cable for Amperior?? I just got mine but I want to try maximize amperior's potential.

What I am looking for is Tighter and punchy bass + tight attack on snare drum!

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #322 of 1,054
Just picked up a pair of silver ones :) they sound pretty good. Bought a travel pouch so I can use them for travel etc. Definitely do well with blocking out the sound around you.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #323 of 1,054
Quote:
Just picked up a pair of silver ones
smily_headphones1.gif
they sound pretty good. Bought a travel pouch so I can use them for travel etc. Definitely do well with blocking out the sound around you.

What travel pouch did you get?

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #324 of 1,054
The genuine Sennheiser one... search sennheiser spare parts uk. Its under both the hd25 and amperior.

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #330 of 1,054
Quote:
Is the treble on these smoother than the HD25?

I have not heard the hd 25s in years, but Tyl at Inner Fidelity pointed out that the Amperior's highs are superior :)

I am really sensitive to highs that are peaky in the lower treble such as in the female vocal region and the Amperiors do not offend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back