Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #301 of 1,054
just got the amperiors in silver for half price also.. I am really enjoying the sound on these things..
just heard they are discontinuing them as well..

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #302 of 1,054
Does anything suspect / hope that the Amperiors will see a resurgence in popularity just because of these clearance prices, which in turn will make them return in some other form beyond the limited run Aluminium Edition? Stranger things have happened.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #303 of 1,054
Quote:
Does anything suspect / hope that the Amperiors will see a resurgence in popularity just because of these clearance prices, which in turn will make them return in some other form beyond the limited run Aluminium Edition? Stranger things have happened.

I woudn't think so because I think that they will push the momentums as their new main portable for the masses.
They are also making the hd25 in an aluminum silver colour which looks like the amperior..
I think the pricing may have been a factor in this headphones downfall unfortunately
It would be good to see a comeback as i personally like the styling and sound.

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #304 of 1,054
I think we can safely assume they won't be coming back anytime soon.  The launch of the on-ear Momentums, to me, is proof of that. Look at the good side.  We own an excellent portable headphone that also happens to be quite rare. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #309 of 1,054
Quote:
I ordered my Amperiors(refurbished) yesterday and cannot wait to check them out. I mostly have IEMs save for my ATH-M50's. I am looking forward to seeing what these sound like.

I just got them today and I am really impressed. I am listening to my Alice in Chains in FLAC format and they sound amazing on my lowly Sandisk ClipZip. With my Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary, they even sound better.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #310 of 1,054
Hi everyone!

I just today received the Amperior (in silver).  Wow!  Having had the Beyer DT1350 for several months before gifting it to a friend, I don't believe the bass is quite as tight and well-controlled with the Amperior, but I very, very, much prefer Amperior's overall signature to that of the DT1350.  It's a poor man's LCD-2 rev.1. Seriously.  It has the ever so slightly woolly but energetic bass, great mids, and even the lower treble spike that's a wee bit sibilant - just like my LCD-2's.   The difference is one of transparency - there's no grain in the Amperior, but there's something "in the way" that's just not there with the LCD-2.  

I know, a crazy comparison, but seriously, I couldn't be more pleased with the Amperior's overall signature - especially for only $179 at vminnovations.com, currently.

Looking forward to breaking them in (and getting my ears used to the vice-like grip - which, for my head, is worse than the DT1350).  

Mike

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #312 of 1,054
Just for the sake of screwing around... I'm having a bit of issue removing the right side connector from the ear cup.  Just how much force should I use for this exactly?  The left one comes out after a bit of tugging.

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #313 of 1,054
I've had the Amperior for about five days, now and amazingly, they're a lot more comfortable than I had first concluded.  By setting them just a wee bit forward on my ears, I can still get a very good seal (unlike the DT1350), but ears don't hurt after hours of listening.  Yay!   

And I'm really surprised sometimes just how good the Amperior sounds with nothing more than a Clip+.  I just attach it to the top section of the stock cable:

Lastly, if anyone is interested in a "thicker" 6-ft extension cable for the Amperior, I'm really impressed with this one made by Philips.

Note:  It's every bit as thick and heavy as the top section of the stock Amperior cable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I3F8Z6

Mike

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #314 of 1,054
Quote:
Just for the sake of screwing around... I'm having a bit of issue removing the right side connector from the ear cup.  Just how much force should I use for this exactly?  The left one comes out after a bit of tugging.

The right one should just take a wiggle and a tug. Grab the connector not the cord and give it a firm pull. 
The right one on mine was really in there too but has become easier to remove.

Now taking the drivers out of the cups the first time was not as easy as the videos made it look. Now it is easy but I think mine might have been lightly glued in O.o

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #315 of 1,054
Quote:
I've had the Amperior for about five days, now and amazingly, they're a lot more comfortable than I had first concluded.  By setting them just a wee bit forward on my ears, I can still get a very good seal (unlike the DT1350), but ears don't hurt after hours of listening.  Yay!   

And I'm really surprised sometimes just how good the Amperior sounds with nothing more than a Clip+.  I just attach it to the top section of the stock cable:

Lastly, if anyone is interested in a "thicker" 6-ft extension cable for the Amperior, I'm really impressed with this one made by Philips.

Note:  It's every bit as thick and heavy as the top section of the stock Amperior cable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I3F8Z6

Mike

Nice!

Or a more colorful extension would personalize an Amperior a bit: link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back