Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #92 of 1,054
Jan 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #94 of 1,054
Awesome review. I just picked up a refurb amperior and will see if I prefer it over competing headphones like the dt1350 and the es10, which I've owned in the past. Anyway, you gotta do more reviews like this. Straightforward and concise, sth many reviewers lack these days.
Quote:
I just created a video review of the Sennheiser Amperior - here it is:

smile_phones.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #95 of 1,054
http://www.head-fi.org/t/617578/sennheiser-amperior-review#post_9078461

Got the follow up on my initial review up.  Hopefully it answers the rest of the unasked questions.  Their utility cannot be understated. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #96 of 1,054
Thanks for the follow up!  
wink_face.gif

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/617578/sennheiser-amperior-review#post_9078461

Got the follow up on my initial review up.  Hopefully it answers the rest of the unasked questions.  Their utility cannot be understated. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jan 22, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #97 of 1,054
Purchased!

I got a fat bonus at work, so hello silver Amperior. I cannot say too much as I've only spent 1 hour listening to them and adjusting for optimal fit.

I can certainly say that they are surprisingly balanced cans! Highs are tolerable (certainly not sibilant to my ears), and bass has a nice kick to it, but not overwhelming.
I was expecting more power on the low end spectrum, but its not bad so far.

Mids are pretty much on point. I was afraid they'd be recessed, but so far, its enjoyable.

More later!

P.S The earpads are LUSH!

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #98 of 1,054
Quote:
Purchased!

I got a fat bonus at work, so hello silver Amperior. I cannot say too much as I've only spent 1 hour listening to them and adjusting for optimal fit.

I can certainly say that they are surprisingly balanced cans! Highs are tolerable (certainly not sibilant to my ears), and bass has a nice kick to it, but not overwhelming.

Mids are pretty much on point. I was afraid they'd be recessed, but so far, its enjoyable.

More later!

I head these dont play well with glasses, I'm looking to buy these in the near future(gonna be upgrading from my akg k67), I'm not a fan of treble, I heard these also a bit harsh. Would you recommend these? I also have a cmoy amp, would these benefit from it from portable use?

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #104 of 1,054
Quote:
Purchased!

More later!rubbery

Hey Metro, 

I just got mine in today (in silver, not that I would have minded blue as they both look good to me). 

I am SO PLEASED with these, and I think Tyll's review on innerfidelity.com is perfect in his
description of the sound. I have had my HD25 1-II for about a year, and upgrading to the 
AMPERIOR feels exactly like he described it in his article. 

(I'm using the cable from my HD25 1-II in case anyone was wondering)

It's very magical in that I feel like the AMPERIOR has peeled back the sound to reveal more than a few layers of
detail... making me feel like the songs I've been listening to are so much more transparent, and
detailed - WITHOUT SOUNDING HARSH OR STRIDENT.  

And yeah, I know what you mean about the earpads being lush.  I figured they were going to be
the same as the velour pads, but these are much nicer: they've got a nice rubbery feel to them.

I can't say the sound is PHENOMENAL as compared to my HD25 1-II, but they are a VERY VERY 
VERY nice step up (actually multiple steps up). If I had to pay full price for these Amperiors, I wouldn't
really feel like I could justify spending $350 on them. BUT BUT BUT..... I bought them refurb'd from
VMinnovations for about $175. So at that price, HELL YEAH it was worth it.

This is my first day (and night) with them, so I definitely feel like there is a psychological 
LOVE FACTOR going on to influence how highly I think of them at this point.  Aesthetically, 
the weight/texture of the ALUMINUM CUPS have such a quality feel when I'm putting
them on.  And, I like the fact that the split-headband only has the SENNHEISER logo on ONE of
the bands (as opposed to both bands on the HD25 1-II which was overkill and somewhat tacky).

Thanks,

LAmitchell

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #105 of 1,054
Hi Mate!

Congrats on the purchase, and glad you like them!

And yes, the pads are SO good, way better than my other on ear Beats Mixr. Way more comfy too as the Mixr's clamp down tight, whilst the Amperior has got to be the most comfy on ear style. Oh those ear pads....

I find them really revealing and detailed too. Can I also comment the silver looks classier than the blue, so good choice. Great price too! The Amperior sell here in Australia for $450, but I got them for $248 so it's still decent.

And don't feel pressured to amp them. I used my Fiio E11, and they sound slightly more refined, but not enough for me to bring it for portability use. They sound perfect, direct with my iPhone 5.

I see that you changed to a diff cable. I might buy the stock HD25 cable, because they didnt retain the thickness of the 30cm short cable from the ear cup. Sucks because the mic could be useful. They skimped on this part for sure. I'd rather thick, heavy cable over a thin, flimsy type.

Enjoy! And nice pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back