Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #76 of 1,054
Jan 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #77 of 1,054
Its the italian amazon. http://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-Amperior-Microcuffia-Silver-Argento/dp/B009QV14MC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357640647&sr=8-1
ir

They have them for 214euro's which is £175. Just have to add 7euro for standard delivery, and an extra £5 bank charge for paying in euros. Worth it imo.

Thanks, i just snagged a bargain!
They came to £184 inc postage and bank charge. That represents a 29% discount so I'm delighted! :)

Big thanks to all the active forum members who take the time to express their views and make the effort to discuss things in a civilised manner.

I can't wait to get my hands on these now!

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #78 of 1,054
Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow! So excited! Waited all week for these. I will post some photos and give first impressions when I get them!

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #80 of 1,054
So i got these a couple hours ago and i like them for the most part. I got them off Amazon for $200. The build seems pretty good but the way the cups slide up and down worries me a bit and the female cable is pretty thin. 

Its very comfortable for sure and the velour earpads are great for me since I live in Hawaii and its always humid.

On to the sound i quite like these except for one thing, the treble. The treble is very sibilant and harsh to my ears. Everything else is great though. If the treble wasnt so sibilant then i'd say these are the best sounding headphones i ever owned (ATH-m50, monster turbines, Aviators, m80s). Would burn in help? I think it wouldnt since these are refurbished but im going to try anyway.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #82 of 1,054
Well i burnt these in for around 15 hours and it's not as sibilant as before but it's still the most sibilant headphone that ive owned (except the image s4s). 

Still going to give these a shot though since i  really dont feel like sending these back to amazon and then picking out yet another headphone. Been trying to find the perfect headphones for years now.

Other than the sibilance issue sound is great! Goes well with everything i throw at it and has a bigger soundstage than i expected.

Also love the look of these (silver). Even more so than the vmoda m80s and such.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #84 of 1,054
For the Amperior bought from Amazon.it: do they come with International Warranty? What service will repair them? (Amazon?) What does it say in the papers.

If you buy them refurbished from an authorized dealer then they carry a 90 day warranty. If you buy them new from an authorized dealer then it'll have the 2 year warranty

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #85 of 1,054
The headphones are new from Amazon, not refurbished, not from a client that sells them, The headphones are sold by Amazon. I want to know, from the ones that bought from Amazon(especially Italy) if Amazon is an authorized dealer because the service in my country won't repair them if they don't come with International Warranty. They will tell me to send them back to Amazon for repair.

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #86 of 1,054
For the Amperior bought from Amazon.it: do they come with International Warranty? What service will repair them? (Amazon?) What does it say in the papers.

Mine arrived yesterday packaged with the Amazon UK return address (rather than Italy) so that's ideal.

Its full 2 year international warranty, the paperwork refers you to Sennheiser website for current warranty details -

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/services/warranty-conditions

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #87 of 1,054
Small question are there any good international online retailers beside Amazon that sell the Amperior. My Hd25 just broke so need a replacement:) However locally they are only being sold through the Apply store whiich I do not want to support:)

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #89 of 1,054
I was curious so picked up a pair of these yesterday. Wow, they are detailed and fast phones. Quite enjoyable but my natural preference is for warm sound, ala Sony Mdr. Perhaps the momentums would be more my speed? I was also impressed by the amount of isolation they provided.

I'm selling mine for £180 if any fellow Londoners are interested. See here. If there is no interest I'll just return them to the shop in the next few days (and pay restocking)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back