Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #872 of 1,054
Mar 1, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #873 of 1,054
anyone know where to get new  authentic amperior earpads? just in case anyway! 

i have the hd 25 earpads and they are not as comfortable and makes the sound more raw (i can use it but i do prefer the velours!)

anyone tried the hd 25 alu earpads on their amps?? it might be an option if sennheiser discontinued the original pads

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #876 of 1,054
  anyone know where to get new  authentic amperior earpads? just in case anyway! 

i have the hd 25 earpads and they are not as comfortable and makes the sound more raw (i can use it but i do prefer the velours!)

anyone tried the hd 25 alu earpads on their amps?? it might be an option if sennheiser discontinued the original pads

Not cheap, but in the UK - Custom Cable - same price as Sennheiser Headphone Spares: 31.20 GBP.

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #877 of 1,054
Mar 26, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #880 of 1,054
  Is there any way to prevent the cups from sliding out from the headband? It is too loose on the adjustment band.

Post 140 in this thread has some comments on this issue.  I remember more posts on this topic, but I cannot find them now.  Sorry.

Apr 7, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #882 of 1,054
Bought a pair of these from ebay seller velocityoutlet 2 weeks ago for 99stg if anyone is still looking for a pair. Sorry can't post a link right now but very happy with them

May 9, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #883 of 1,054
I purchased a pair of Amperior due to my fondness for HD25, I've had them about a week or two and really pleased with them overall. I will keep both HD25 and Amperior as they're different enough to justify keeping them collectively. Atm I use them with DX50 or FiiO X1, though looking for a new source for the Amperior.

It will be like this as pairings:

FiiO X1 / HD25
??? / Amperior

If you have source suggestions I'm interested to know what you guys use. Anything from iPod, FiiO, iBasso, Cowon etc..

Or is anyone using (used) Amperior with FiiO X3K?

May 9, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #884 of 1,054
  I purchased a pair of Amperior due to my fondness for HD25, I've had them about a week or two and really pleased with them overall. I will keep both HD25 and Amperior as they're different enough to justify keeping them collectively. Atm I use them with DX50 or FiiO X1, though looking for a new source for the Amperior.

It will be like this as pairings:

FiiO X1 / HD25
??? / Amperior

If you have source suggestions I'm interested to know what you guys use. Anything from iPod, FiiO, iBasso, Cowon etc..

Or is anyone using (used) Amperior with FiiO X3K?

glad to have you on the amperior bandwagon @H20Fidelity ! how different is the amps vs the hd25 to each other to you? 

i still have the hd25 pleather pads, in addition with the velours on my amperiors (stock).

the pleathers really aren't breathable for me, i would only use those in the winter (but i'm still using the stock velours atm, at least until they wear out )

i'm debating on getting a pair of the hd25 velours to see how different they are, or the other pads cited in the earlier posts (that look sooo cushy)

May 10, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #885 of 1,054
I personally prefer the sound of the HD25 pads. I also find it easier to seal on my ear compared to the the Amperior pads, and looks nicer as well (has a burly look to it). But summer isn't really a season to wear headphones, they're just too sweat inducing for me.

@Tom22 Well, there's the HD25 Aluminium/Aluminum pads. I've tried them in-store and found them to be the best in terms of seal, comfort, and probably isolation as they are the squishiest of the all the (official) HD25 pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back