Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #646 of 1,054
Hey Pedro...

Comfort.... bout the same

Improvement.... slight advantage on the amperior with a sweeter sounding treble

Looks.... yeah, I agree with ya: the ALL BLACK of the HD25's looks so good, and so does the one piece cable

Cups scratches.... my Amperior cups are a little bit scratched, yes

They're both sooooo close though in terms of pros/cons, I would get the cheapest one I could find, although if I had it to do all over again, I would get the HD25's for the above reasons :)

Thats all i need to know.... :)

I will stick with my hd25s.

In terms of impedance the hd25s play very loud directly from my nexus 7 and ipod touch so sensitivity was not definitly a problem. As i said i lile the all black look because also i grew up watching many of my favourite djs using them and everytime i look at them i am just happy to have them.

I payed 70 euros for my hd25s but to het the amperior i would have to sell my hd25s and pay 30 euros more (150 total). At first i wanted to get the silver amperiors but on the last days o started linking the blue one a bit more...... This way no more indecision about the colour.
I do agree that sometime the treble is a bit harsh on the hd25s but only a tiny bit.

I also love the strong cable, it just feels like it will last forever.....

My main reasons to get the amperiors where the improved sound and the velour pads for increased confort..... But it seems that the changes are not that worth it to the point of giving up on my hd25s. Of course every change for better is good but from ehat i read it does not seem to be nothing very drastic....

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #647 of 1,054
Hey guys, I want to get this:
http://www.lelong.com.my/hiegi-big-headphone-pouch-case-starspicker-143291068-2015-01-Sale-P.htm

Just wondering should I get 8cm or 10cm thickness? If 8cm can fit Amperior, then I'll get 8cm.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #649 of 1,054
I got my self 8cm. I measure my ear with ruler, less than 8cm. The cup smaller than my ear so 8cm should do it.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #650 of 1,054
Just starting to read this thread. New Egg has/had the blue Amperior for $139., but only in blue. Not my first choice in color, but I got it anyway. 

Anyway, I'm trying to find a reasonably priced Anedio D1, or go witha Hifi M8 RSA. Need compatibility with the DBA 02 MKII. Any thoughts, suggestions? 

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #651 of 1,054

Hey Xinil,

here's a video I made to show you how to fix that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRXYgfIkX18

Thanks for the help LAmitchell. I followed your instructions from the video, but unfortunately I seemed to have botched the job. I guess I knocked the thin copper wires out of their resting area, as now I do not get any sound coming out of the driver. I've attempted many times to place the copper wires back in their resting places (using the other ear cup as reference), but it doesn't seem to be working. I achieved sound for a couple of seconds fiddling with the wire, but it doesn't seem to stay active. Has anyone had experience reconnecting the thin copper wires that lead from the driver to the cable wire connections? Is there a way to ensure connectivity?

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #652 of 1,054
  Just starting to read this thread. New Egg has/had the blue Amperior for $139., but only in blue. Not my first choice in color, but I got it anyway. 

Anyway, I'm trying to find a reasonably priced Anedio D1, or go witha Hifi M8 RSA. Need compatibility with the DBA 02 MKII. Any thoughts, suggestions? 

Last time I check $ 120 at best buy. Not sure if still available, silver color. And it's mentioned few pages back in this thread. I manage to share at deal thread.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #654 of 1,054
Posting my review of the Focal Spirit Pro's in here because: 

A. It involves my older posts in this Amperior appreciation thread.
B. It has a section with direct Amperior comparison. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/focal-spirit-professional/reviews/10488

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #655 of 1,054
  Posting my review of the Focal Spirit Pro's in here because: 

A. It involves my older posts in this Amperior appreciation thread.
B. It has a section with direct Amperior comparison. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/focal-spirit-professional/reviews/10488

Would you recommend them as a good closed headphone for home or mainly for on the go?

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #658 of 1,054
Dude, I got my Amperiors for $130 off newegg, and I also have the same problem.  The left cup keeps fuzzing out with the connector and I know i haven't done any damage to my cans.  Were you able to fix it?

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #659 of 1,054

Thanks for the help LAmitchell. I followed your instructions from the video, but unfortunately I seemed to have botched the job. I guess I knocked the thin copper wires out of their resting area, as now I do not get any sound coming out of the driver. I've attempted many times to place the copper wires back in their resting places (using the other ear cup as reference), but it doesn't seem to be working. I achieved sound for a couple of seconds fiddling with the wire, but it doesn't seem to stay active. Has anyone had experience reconnecting the thin copper wires that lead from the driver to the cable wire connections? Is there a way to ensure connectivity?

Hi Xinil,

Was wondering what you ended up doing to the thin copper wires?

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #660 of 1,054
Hey Pedro...

Comfort.... bout the same

Improvement.... slight advantage on the amperior with a sweeter sounding treble

Looks.... yeah, I agree with ya: the ALL BLACK of the HD25's looks so good, and so does the one piece cable

Cups scratches.... my Amperior cups are a little bit scratched, yes

They're both sooooo close though in terms of pros/cons, I would get the cheapest one I could find, although if I had it to do all over again, I would get the HD25's for the above reasons :)

In terms pf sound besides the more controled treble they soind pretty similar right? Having both would be a stupid thing to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back