Sennheiser Aftermarket Cables
Dec 9, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #61 of 74
This is back on topic. lol I have to say that the Headphile v2 BlackSilver cables really do make a difference. Just like it's described on the website, they made my 650's more revealing and tightened the lows while being neutral. I almost couldn't believe my ears the first time. I had to switch back to the stock cable to confirm it. I am one happy customer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #62 of 74
Really? I didn't care for the Headphile Blacksilver re-cabling. On my old CD3000s it sounded thin and was far too harsh. I cut the cable open when I was repairing them and the wire used was not very impressive. I'm pretty sure this was the V1 cable though so maybe things have improved.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #63 of 74
Certainly when it comes to silver plated copper, stuff like ALO SXC sounds a lot better than ebay teflon SPC.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #65 of 74
It doesn't sound harsh at all, so I'm guessing the v2 is different as you said. It's very transparent as well and more detailed.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #66 of 74
fenixdown, I'm pondering the v2 right now for my 650. Does it penetrate the Senn veil much? I basically like the Senn sound, and I've tried all the other brands with no success at at all, but the 650 veil is very real and pretty constant with every amp I've tried.

Also, is the Headphile flexible? I'd be getting a 2 metre length and I don't want to be burdened with a heavy, inflexible cable. The only review I've read of it commented mostly on the the number of joins it has--4--which does seem a little odd. Unfortunately the pictures on the website aren't very revealing.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #67 of 74
I'm getting mixed up. For dark cans pure silver is good, CD3000 probably just need some copper.

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #68 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by pp312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fenixdown, I'm pondering the v2 right now for my 650. Does it penetrate the Senn veil much? I basically like the Senn sound, and I've tried all the other brands with no success at at all, but the 650 veil is very real and pretty constant with every amp I've tried.

Also, is the Headphile flexible? I'd be getting a 2 metre length and I don't want to be burdened with a heavy, inflexible cable. The only review I've read of it commented mostly on the the number of joins it has--4--which does seem a little odd. Unfortunately the pictures on the website aren't very revealing.

Oh yes. Very much so. It transforms the 650's into something else entirely. I almost didn't recognize the sound signature once the veil was removed.

The cable is almost too flexible.
biggrin.gif
You have to take proper care of it. There are certain rules to it's care on the Headphile site.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #69 of 74
Right, solidcore silver makes for a badass HD650 cable as it counteracts their dark tendencies. You just don't want to bend it too sharply, although I've stress tested that sort of wire aplenty and it's pretty hard to break nonetheless.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #70 of 74
I think the proper care is to not transport it as much as possible and only wrap in 3-4 inch loops when doing so. I've seen some pretty nasty permanent kinks in other types of wire, so I'm really anal retentive now. haha

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #71 of 74
Yep, if you're DIYing and using a fine gauge silver wire like Cryoparts SCSCag your best bet is to slip it into some of that 18 gauge teflon tubing (amazon carries it for 100' for $10) so that it cannot bend sharply.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #72 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I didn't care for the Headphile Blacksilver re-cabling. On my old CD3000s it sounded thin and was far too harsh. I cut the cable open when I was repairing them and the wire used was not very impressive. I'm pretty sure this was the V1 cable though so maybe things have improved.

Maybe on the CD3000... but they're brilliant on the HD600!
icon10.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #73 of 74
Call me contrary but I went two different ways for my senns. For the 650s I went Zu mobius which are silver and take out the veil. The change was remarkable. Now for my HD800s that came with silver, I switched back to copper to soften the edge more. Not 100% i like it because it changes the sound sig so much but it is much easier to take for long listens and has more bass. Also it is much thicker gauge and seems to have a considerably fuller sound if not quite as crisp.

Here is my actual cable for the 800s-very thick and a bit heavy but what a sound.

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #74 of 74
My latest upgrade for my Sennheiser HD600... Russ Andrews HC-1 (Kimber Kable) pre-owned headphone cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back