Senheisser hd448 vs Shure srh 440 vs Akg k240 MKii
Jul 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cordylidae

New Head-Fier
Im look for new headphones and have narrowed it down to these three can anyone give me a direct comparison between them they will mainly be used for metal, punk etc. i know the akgs are semi open so will be slightly different. They will be used indoors as i already have portables. for them moment they will be driven from my laptops h.o but i will be upgrading to an e7 soon.

im in the uk and the prices i have found are:
-sen hd 448's= £55/$88
-shure srh440 = £70/$112
-akg's k240 MKii= £84/$134

Anyone have all three? or two? what has the best soundstage? sounds the best? etc? what are the main differences?

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #3 of 5
Heya,

I can tell you that the HD448's will be good for your music choices. They actually have an excellent sound signature for their price. They just get overlooked because other headphones generally can be had in the same price range, or close, that do the job about the same, if not a bit better, but have more features (like swivel cups, foldable, etc). The M50 for example directly competes and wins between the the two, being only $110 basically new compared to about $99 (or less) new. Personally I didn't find the HD4xx line comfortable. They felt like cheap headphones, not sturdy, very light and just sort of meh. They sounded great. But they just didn't feel great to me.

Very best,

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #4 of 5
how do they compare to the others?

unfortunately i live in the uk so m50's are £135/$200 so are a lot more expensive.thanks for the help.

also considering the allesandro ms1i's or v6's but i'm slightly put off but the lack or soundstage on the ms1's and the look of the v6's which is the best of the group?is there anything else i should be looking at?

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 5
From your list I would more lean toward the Shures.  From experience(I have the SRH440 and the K240S) the Shures have the edge in clarity, bass definition and punch(after burn-in), and detail along with a soundstage that is pretty good for closed headphone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back