Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Nov 18, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #61 of 1,652
Apparently, the PHA is not just a DAC/amp combo, but is also a portable player by itself. It supports some really neat features like USD HDD Connection, but if it have a built in storage, then it's all good to go.

Wait.. where did you read that?

Their replies to the comments.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #63 of 1,652
Just read through the comments... I'm not impressed. Seems like the new player is the better audiophile dap but I'm not comfortable with how they're just suddenly introducing a new product into their fundraiser. Get your first product out, then you should worry about creating a new DAP. It almost seems like they're trying to grab as much cash as possible.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #65 of 1,652
I don't think it is a DAP. It's like the FIIO E18.

I don't think this is a new product introduction, that's why they didn't want to change to OPAMP in the player.

I thought the change to the player was an optional increase in more internal memory.

The promise is delivery on time and this can't have been a diner time knapkin design because we complained about hard to drive IEMS and cans.

Hopefully more like the V MODA stack and not the fiio rubber band.

And you get a desktop amp as well.
I can't see the down side yet for an IDGG CS..

I am not on a hype train, I want to know any pit falls. So far that is only final SQ.

We shall see

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #66 of 1,652
Sorry the page wouldn't copy the full image of the specs of the Amp dac, I am on the toilet at work. So this is the best I can do.. I joked about not reaching the 700k mark..I hope it does as the targets have been reduced to 750 for both docks...

Hello All,

We have our Second IRC Chat Session Wednesday Nov 18th from 6PM to 9PM (PST).
Channel: #Seiun_IGG
Server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667
SSL: Enabled

Also we will be hosting an AMA on Reddit.com/r/Audiophile on Thursday Nov 19th from 6PM-9PM and again on Sunday from 6PM-9PM.
We'll post up the link once the page is live!

We have heard your comments and opinions and we have decided to re-do our stretch goals:

We will still have all four colors avaliable for you to choose from. However for the $250,000 stretch goal we would like to introduce to your the SEIUN PHA.

The Seiun PHA is our High Performance Mobile DAC / AMP meant to be paired with both the Seiun Pro / Pro X & all you existing devices (including phones, tablets, laptops, computers etc.)

The Specs for the Seiun PHA.

The Seiun PHA will use a combo of the the SABRE9018S(DAC) and the TPA6120A2(AMP) along with Cyberdrive's own powerful DSP.

We have decided to make higher capacity internal storage available for everyone!

You can now upgrade your Seiun Pro / PRO X to 128GB internal storage using the Add-On Perks listed at the top.
Please note you will have to purchase an additional perk for EACH PLAYER!

The cost of upgrade is higher for the Seiun Pro because it cost more to upgrade from 32GB to 128GB (compared to 64GB to 128GB).

All existing Seiun Players have been upgraded to 16GB internal storage!

*The Limit on Impact Dura has also been removed! You can order as many units as you would like!

Last of all, don't worry, WE DIDN'T FORGET

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #67 of 1,652
... I am on the toilet at work. ...

Hello All,

We have our Second IRC Chat Session Wednesday Nov 18th from 6PM to 9PM (PST).
Channel: #Seiun_IGG
Server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667
SSL: Enabled

Also we will be hosting an AMA on Reddit.com/r/Audiophile on Thursday Nov 19th from 6PM-9PM and again on Sunday from 6PM-9PM.
We'll post up the link once the page is live!

We have heard your comments and opinions and we have decided to re-do our stretch goals:

We will still have all four colors avaliable for you to choose from. However for the $250,000 stretch goal we would like to introduce to your the SEIUN PHA.

The Seiun PHA is our High Performance Mobile DAC / AMP meant to be paired with both the Seiun Pro / Pro X & all you existing devices (including phones, tablets, laptops, computers etc.)

The Specs for the Seiun PHA.

The Seiun PHA will use a combo of the the SABRE9018S(DAC) and the TPA6120A2(AMP) along with Cyberdrive's own powerful DSP.

We have decided to make higher capacity internal storage available for everyone!

You can now upgrade your Seiun Pro / PRO X to 128GB internal storage using the Add-On Perks listed at the top.
Please note you will have to purchase an additional perk for EACH PLAYER!

The cost of upgrade is higher for the Seiun Pro because it cost more to upgrade from 32GB to 128GB (compared to 64GB to 128GB).

All existing Seiun Players have been upgraded to 16GB internal storage!

*The Limit on Impact Dura has also been removed! You can order as many units as you would like!

Last of all, don't worry, WE DIDN'T FORGET

eek.gif
too much info dude
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #69 of 1,652
I just had to set people straight.
An external Amp Dac and people on IDGG had a hissey fit thinking they had to buy it or the player wouldn't work.

8^/

It's got 70 hours battery.
A computer amp and power driver for bigger cans.and on the go
You can drive A usb HDD.
LCD display
Spare phone battery

For $150. It's a steal.
Ordering mine now..

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #70 of 1,652
I don't think it is a DAP. It's like the FIIO E18.

I don't think this is a new product introduction, that's why they didn't want to change to OPAMP in the player.

I thought the change to the player was an optional increase in more internal memory.

The promise is delivery on time and this can't have been a diner time knapkin design because we complained about hard to drive IEMS and cans.

Hopefully more like the V MODA stack and not the fiio rubber band.

And you get a desktop amp as well.
I can't see the down side yet for an IDGG CS..

I am not on a hype train, I want to know any pit falls. So far that is only final SQ.

We shall see

It has an LCD and can play audio by itself with built in storage. If it's not a DAP, I don't what is.

But they do mentioned that they are doing this because the "power users" are asking for it. They probably they don't want to delay the original products.

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #71 of 1,652
You can't do a full redesign on the player to accommodate us on headfi.

It would be too big with a giant battery. A complete new PCB design.

The memory chip add on doesn't change anything at all. The same as a bigger memory card. Same size just costs more..

Fiio E18 Kunlun is what I use. But I never needed it in the first place because the headphone I use doesn't need it. I use it now as my PC amp dac.

I want a new one so this works for me.

I don't think it will play files but I may be wrong. Ask my wife I am always wrong..

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #72 of 1,652
I just had to set people straight.
An external Amp Dac and people on IDGG had a hissey fit thinking they had to buy it or the player wouldn't work.

8^/

It's got 70 hours battery.
A computer amp and power driver for bigger cans.and on the go
You can drive A usb HDD.
LCD display
Spare phone battery

For $150. It's a steal.
Ordering mine now..

I'm sure people are mad because it's a stretch goal that is in no way rewarding at all to the earlier backers.

Because if that's gonna be the stretch goal, why not just make another campaign later for it? It can play audio, it have huge battery, etc.

$150 is indeed a steal.

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #73 of 1,652
You can't do a full redesign on the player to accommodate us on headfi.

It would be too big with a giant battery. A complete new PCB design.

The memory chip add on doesn't change anything at all. The same as a bigger memory card. Same size just costs more..

Fiio E18 Kunlun is what I use. But I never needed it in the first place because the headphone I use doesn't need it. I use it now as my PC amp dac.

I want a new one so this works for me.

I don't think it will play files but I may be wrong. Ask my wife I am always wrong..

Your wife is right. They clearly said it can play audio by itself, hence the built in storage.

But it could be that the one written those comments, written those by mistake.

I hope not. The PHA is exactly what I've been looking for.

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #74 of 1,652
We make the most noise. So they adjusted to the loads market need. All the extras have already been designed ready for production. 20 comments on IDGG then by magic they have a working specked External AMP Dac....

They did say to me watch out for more.

I know this may be a separate IDGG CAMPAIGN but it's a bit like the King Amp by Audeze. It's bought and payed for already this is more advertising and pay the manufacturing facility.

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #75 of 1,652
What will the housing of the Seiun players and HPA be made out of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back